Using File/Symmetry Shortcut Issue

Hi Everyone,

I am unable to use the Shift +Y shortcut to open the Symmetry dialogue box.
Currently, I am using a Mac, but all my other shortcuts seem to work.
Please let me know if there is something I need to update or change.

Thanks!

Eric

Comments

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited December 2022

You'll see your current Shortcut for that action there : Edit > Figure > Symmetry

You can change the hotkey from : Window > Workspace > Customize (F3)

P.S : I guess the shortcut can be changed from Customize. But in Daz, you can't search actions by name, or by current key binding (like in Blender). So searching for any action to change its shortcut in Daz is like looking for a needle in a haystack. A real pain this UI...

Post edited by hansolocambo on
  • Hi Hansolocambo,

Thanks, but are there any tutorials out there, that you are aware of that show how to change a shortcut in DAZ?
    I went to Window/Workspace/Customize and although I have been using Daz Studio for years, I cannot
    figure out what to do there. I have even search YouTube, but to no avail.

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited December 2022

There is not much to make a tutorial about. You go to this window (F3), find an action on the left.

Right Click > Change Keyboard Shortcut.

What makes it unusable is the time it takes to find an action because of the lack of a search function.

-----------------

What you could do is go to that same window :

Window > Workspace > Customize (F3)

And click on the most bottom left Icon : Defaults...

This should fix whatever's causing your issue with Shift+Y ?

Post edited by hansolocambo on
  • That shortcut, and I think a few others, stopped working for me several years ago. Best I can tell, recent versions of Mac OS don't seem to like keyboard shortcuts with Shift as the only modifier.

• Hi there, you can find the default Symmetry shortcut Shift + Y in:

Window > Workspace > Customize > Parameters > Symmetry        [Right click] > Change Keyboard Shortcut

I changed mine to the letter "X" to be the same as Zbrush, to optimize working between softwares.