Ashendun Hair issue.

joegerardijoegerardi Posts: 226

Got [Ashendun Hair] this yesterday for free, and can't seem to get it to work. It loads and poses fine, but seems to be missing the hair on the top of the head. Just the scalp is there. I looked at all the morphs and selectables, and even D/L'd it again, but it's the same thing" the sides and back are there, but not the top. (Except for a few wisps.)

Amd I missing something, or is there indeed an issue? April YSH makes fantastic hair, and has been doing this for ages, so I'm thinking it's me, but I can't find out what it is.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

..Joe

Edited for Please put your question in the post body and the title - Daz 3D Forums

Alex Test 1.png
880 x 720 - 812K
Alex Test 2.png
880 x 720 - 929K
Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• I just loaded the hair on Genesis 8 Female and applied the Iray (MDL) blonde material - it seems to have worked OK. This is in the latest general release version of Daz Studio.

Ashendun hair.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 307K
  • Okay. I'm using Studio 4.14 and don't plan to update anytime soon.

It appears a refund in is my future.

..Joe

• Found the problem. It's not the version of Studio, it's not the hair. It's the Growing Up morph and Autofit. On any character, you reduce the age, then the problem occurs. I use that a lot because of the unrealistic size of G8 (and G7, G5, etc...)

The only answer is to avoid Autofit and manually fit the hair. I have to admit, I have gotten used to it after all the years of fitting hairs on characters all the way back to Victoria 2.

..Joe