Eyelashes and brows not rendering properly

deathwispdeathwisp Posts: 48

My problem - eyelash mat not applying properly. Applying Gaius to Gen 8. I get a long rectangle across his eyelashes instead of the eyelashes.

Also, when I apply the texture with the eyebrow mat, it doesn't display in render even though it displays in view window.

My situation- just came back to Daz Studio. Took a break for many years from Daz. I think Daz 3 was the last one I used before. It won't let me upload the image to this post.

Post edited by deathwisp on

Comments

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited December 2022

"it" won't let me upload the image

Upload your image to an images hoster (ImgBB, etc.). Then paste the URL to that image here. There has never been an image upolading option on this forum.

eyelash mat not applying properly

As stated on the product page Gaius HD for Genesis 8 Male

Compatible Figures: Genesis 8 Male

Eyelashes geometry and UVs are very different from 8 to 8.1. 2D pixels from a G8 eyelashes' textures can't be projected on a G9 (except using tools such as the excellent and unique Unify UVs in 3D-Coat)

Solution : Apply any other eyelashes from an 8.1 character.

Post edited by hansolocambo on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,884

hansolocambo said:

"it" won't let me upload the image

There has never been an image upolading option on this forum.

That is patently false. You can attach images to your posts. There's a size restriction, it's a bit mercurial and apparently isn't functioning correctly right now, but it's there.

• deathwispdeathwisp Posts: 48
    edited December 2022

Thanks for all the help. Like I said, haven't used Daz in years so I wasn't sure all the differences between 8 and 8.1. I will give it a try. I will have to see if eyelash mats came with 8 or 8.1. I'll ignore the flavor text you threw in.

Post edited by deathwisp on
  • deathwisp said:

Thanks for all the help. Like I said, haven't used Daz in years so I wasn't sure all the differences between 8 and 8.1. I will give it a try. I will have to see if eyelash mats came with 8 or 8.1. I'll ignore the flavor text you threw in.

Also a variety of characters have their own eyelashes {or eyebrows} which PAs tend to scatter all over the place, either with the character, or in the anatomy folder, or in materials, etc.