Is there a way to bake a geograft into the original mesh?

I made a mistake where I didn't double up the polygons where there is a hole in the clothing item and that area doesn't appear smooth. I've done all the weight maps and everything. I'd like to not start over. Transfer utility doesn't work great with this clothing item, but I think that's probably my only option. Just wanted to check if anyone has a better idea how to modify the original mesh.

Comments

• If Edit>Figure>Geometry>Update Base Geometry doesn't work I think you will have to run the Transfer Utility (with the original version of the clothing as the Source and the new as the Target - you don't have to go back to transfering from the base figure). I am not aware of any way, other than export as OBJ, to bake a GeoGraft and exporting would of course take you back to the same point as updating the mesh.

• Thanks for the reply.

Update Base Geometry requires the exact same number of vertices. The option to update everything overwrites everything and defeats the purpose. I had to use the transfer utility. It transfered most of the weight maps, but not the rigidity groups or maps. I had to manually do those as close as possible.

At the very least, I'm getting more comfortable with these tools. lol