dForce MRB Outfit + wind node issues

ac_mr_blondeac_mr_blonde Posts: 100

Hey guys,

I'm trying to use the MRB outfit (https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-mrb-outfit-for-genesis-8-female) and am having problems. It simulates fine on its own, but the moment I introduce a wind node into the scene, it blows up on the first frame. Am I doing something wrong? Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Moved to Technical Help as it is a question about an exisating product rather than a Product Suggestion.

The outfit is quite demanding, so with the added effect of wind it may need more time to calculate each step - try increasing the number opf iterations and subframes in Simulation Settings.

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited December 2022

Wind speed is by default a bit too strong by default in Daz. Which can cause such issues.

Ways to fix that :

1- Simulation Settings Tab :

* Increase Frames Per Second (FPS) Multiplier. Slower simulation, more stable. (from 3 to 10)

* Increase Iterations (Per Subframe) (from 8 to 32)

2- Surfaces Tab (for MBR Coat > Cloak, mostly) :

* Decrease Stretch Stifness to something like 0.55. Material will strech a bit, extending edges between vertices. This often helps with so called "explosion" issues.

* Decrease Bend Stifness to around 0.050. This decreases the resistance to extension. Similar effect to the precedent, shape changes more, avoiding "explosion" issues.

* Cloaks by default moves waaaaaaay too slowly. dForce parameters aren't great I'd say by default.

3- Set up your Genesis and Wind Node with keyframes in the Timeline :

* Decrease the wind node's Strength (mph) to 0, at frame 0. And set the wind node at a strength of 5 (default) or way less if it's too strong, at frame 25 (for example)

* Set Genesis to default pose at frame 0. Then your custom Genesis pose at frame 25.

4- Simulation Settings

* Frames to Simulate : Animated (Custom) ; Simulation Range : 1 to 50.

Now you simulate from default pose without wind to final pose with wind. On 50 frames. And with an FPS Multiplier and Iterations per Subframe that will help dForce to calculate properly.

P.S : Problem with this bundle is not so much the object but rather Genesis' nails geometry. Coat touches hands and the (terrible) nested polygons in nails cause trouble. Put simple gloves on those hands before simulation, or make a custom Genesis morph to smooth the nails until all nested polygons are "untangled". This will help big time with simulation stability.

Post edited by hansolocambo on
  • Thank you both for the suggestions! I'll give them a try and hopefully that will sort it out.