dFroce Simulations

Can anyone give some insight to save me some work other than daz employee's or affiliates.

If I have a character jumping on a dFoce enabled matress,  the downwards movement causes the matress to deform appropriately.  but If I was to continue with the upwards motion of the bounce, would the matress return to its original positon as the feet of the character went back up?

Is this an instance of a per item configuration?  Some will, some will not?

Comments

• dForce doesn't have an internal pressure option, so it won't push itself out. You might be able to create pseudo-springs with a dForce AddOn, but I'm not sure (that is a separate item which collides only at the vertices, it doesn't care about edges crossing, that can be used to add structure or ties to a dForce item).

• lorddayradon said:

Can anyone give some insight to save me some work other than daz employee's or affiliates.

If I have a character jumping on a dFoce enabled matress,  the downwards movement causes the matress to deform appropriately.  but If I was to continue with the upwards motion of the bounce, would the matress return to its original positon as the feet of the character went back up?

Is this an instance of a per item configuration?  Some will, some will not?

You don't have to simulate everything. Doesn't DS have some sort of hack to push/pull meshes? "Magnets" or "Ghosts" something like that, that is animatable?

• I found the best solution is to simulate the compression of the matress to it's fullest, add the final frame as a morph, then I can just use the slider to adjust the morph for each frame of the compression/return to normal  of the sequence.

• Richard Haseltine said:

dForce doesn't have an internal pressure option, so it won't push itself out. You might be able to create pseudo-springs with a dForce AddOn, but I'm not sure (that is a separate item which collides only at the vertices, it doesn't care about edges crossing, that can be used to add structure or ties to a dForce item).

Well I'm not sure why on a techinical level, but it sure appears to be rebounding on it's own based on model Y translate.

I was just asking the question before I started so I could work in any steps needed, but it seems that none extra are needed.