Noticeable Seams with all 8.1 characters

There's some noticeable seams in the textures for pretty much every 8.1 character I've tried, both with the Bridge and without. They're not super noticeable, but they're there. More noticeable on darker skins. These seams do NOT exist with Gen 8 characters.

Some examples attached.

seam1.PNG
783 x 670 - 768K
seam2.png
1260 x 893 - 2M
seam3.png
1176 x 932 - 2M
seam4.png
1134 x 845 - 2M
seam5.png
2313 x 1136 - 5M
seam6.png
2207 x 1056 - 5M

Comments

• Looks to me like the normal map orientation is wrong. Try inverting the green channel of the normal maps. 

• InTheFlesh said:

Looks to me like the normal map orientation is wrong. Try inverting the green channel of the normal maps. 

Heyyy, high five! That easily fixed the issue with the normals.

However, it appears the diffuse textures also have a very, very slight seam issue. It seems to be because the majority of characters have a darker edge around their diffuse textures. I tried using a skin texture from a merchant resource pack, and it worked perfectly.

So now I gotta find the best merchant resource skin for both male and female 8.1 and use that instead of any of the character-specific skins.

• MacislavMacislav Posts: 126

Sometimes the specular or roughness texture can cause seams too if it has bad quality.

Btw diffuse textures with dark edges can be repaired by overpainting the areas concernd with the stamp tool in any better graphics app of your choice.