Can't export anatomical element morphs

A while back, I tried bridging a G8.1 figure with Golden Palace gens to C4D, and found that the morphs didn't export. I didn't think much of it at the time, apart from not going any farther with the figure. I recently learned how to export morphs via the FBX export dialogue in DS, and again, GP doesn't show up in the dialogue as having any morphs (or at all), so it wasn't just a bridge issue or a C4D issue. It turns out that it's not even a GP issue, because I tried Daz's gens, and the same thing occurred. If I try to export GP or the Daz gens by themselves, I CAN select morphs to export, but those morphs disappear when it's fit to a figure. The same is true of male gens, both Meipe's and the official Daz ones: morphs available if it's by itself, but not if fit to a figure. What the hell is going on? Is this a known issue? Does anyone have a solution?

Comments

• I have no idea if this will help or not, but "just in case" ... way back when the Blender bridge came out, I discovered that one can get the Figure And the A.E. to be made into 1 figure in Blender. As I recall D/S exports to a folder. From that folder one brings it into Blender. And it was 1 piece.

If the above is still doable [been a few updates since the beginning], then maybe doing the morphs in D/S one can then get those into Blender.

Then I have no idea if or how it would work to get it from Blender into C4D.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,884

I imagine that I could get a model from Blender to C4D pretty easily, and I haven't used the Blender bridges, but I imagine that they'd have the same problem, since the bridges are fundamentally just extensions of the FBX exporter. If the exporter can't see AE morphs, I don't see how a bridge could. To be clear, the problem isn't that the AE themselves don't export, just that the morphs don't, and the FBX dialogue includes an option for merging followers into the figure.

Well, the other issue I posted about seems to have resolved itself, so I was hoping this one did too, but no dice. Anyone have any ideas? 

• Golden Palace is something Daz has no ties with, why not ask on Renderotica? Where questions like these IMO belong, instead of here.

ShelLuser said:

Golden Palace is something Daz has no ties with, why not ask on Renderotica? Where questions like these IMO belong, instead of here.

Because the Daz gens have the same problem, as I stated in the OP, so it's not just a Golden Palace problem.