Can't access DIM (SOLVED)

reserv888reserv888 Posts: 1,140

I can't access DIM with my prefered user id. (reserv888). "Wrong password". I doubt that, but lets go with it.
I have created a new user with a new password. Then I can access DIM, but I don't want to use that ID since all the settings are wrong and I have 10.000+ items to download.
When I try to revert back to reserv888 I get the same message as before: "Wrong password".
I can, obviously, log on to DAZ website, but when using the same user and password in the DIM, something fails.

Do DAZ and DIM use two different password systems? If so, how do I reset the DIM password?

Post edited by reserv888 on

Comments

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,247
    edited December 2022

DIM uses the same password as the target account does. It may help to also be signed into Daz3D shop with the same account [not a different one].

Could try clearing from DIM's memory any stored names and passwords, reload the one you want to use.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,769

The passwords should be the same but there is a chance that they are not talking to the exact same server to authenticate and so perhaps they could become unsynced. There have been a few times where DIM has been "down" for a subset of users which has manifested as them being given the "wrong password" error in DIM while being able to use the forums OK.

I would suggest trying to change your password in the forums to something else - make sure it's a nice secure one with the usual mixture of uppercase, lowercase, numbers, a symbol and atleast 12 characters long (I don't know the actual rules Daz requires but that is a good base). Give it a minute or two to make sure any syncing behind the scenes has had time to work and then try logging into DIM with the new password. Hopefully that will work.

If that doesn't work then contacting customer service would be best - although now it's the weekend you may have to wait a while :(

• reserv888reserv888 Posts: 1,140

Catherine3678ab said:

DIM uses the same password as the target account does. It may help to also be signed into Daz3D shop with the same account [not a different one].

Could try clearing from DIM's memory any stored names and passwords, reload the one you want to use.

Thanks! 
    How do I clear the DIM memory? (Can't access the DIM at the moment). 

SofaCitizen said:

The passwords should be the same but there is a chance that they are not talking to the exact same server to authenticate and so perhaps they could become unsynced. There have been a few times where DIM has been "down" for a subset of users which has manifested as them being given the "wrong password" error in DIM while being able to use the forums OK.

I would suggest trying to change your password in the forums to something else - make sure it's a nice secure one with the usual mixture of uppercase, lowercase, numbers, a symbol and atleast 12 characters long (I don't know the actual rules Daz requires but that is a good base). Give it a minute or two to make sure any syncing behind the scenes has had time to work and then try logging into DIM with the new password. Hopefully that will work.

If that doesn't work then contacting customer service would be best - although now it's the weekend you may have to wait a while :(

Thanks for the tip.
    Tested but still can't access the DIM.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,031

I opened up one of my computers and DIM to see if it was a DIM server issue, but no, DIM came up, accepted my sign-in name and password right away. But the sort order for new items has been messed up again after they had fixed it. So you have to sort by highest Product ID to hopefully find your new items, or by name if it is an older item bought on deep sale.

Mary

• %appdata%/daz 3d/installmanager/useraccounts/

will take you (on Windows) to the location of the .ini file with your settings. Try changing the extension of moving it to another location, then see if you can log in with your regular account. If not, put the file back, if so reset your preferences (assuming things aren't set to default) and you should be good to go.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,247
    edited December 2022

reserv888 said:

Catherine3678ab said:

Thanks! 
    How do I clear the DIM memory? (Can't access the DIM at the moment). 

There's Richard's way.

What I was thinking of was this way. Removing the accounts and unchecking remember password. Then to ad the one account you want to use and carefully type or paste in the correct password.

Clear the accounts and re-add one with its password.png
    959 x 755 - 164K
    Post edited by Catherine3678ab on

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

Before I try them, how do I avoid to get 10000+ items ready for download..?

• Initially it will scan and give that wild number ... then use a filter to narrow down the selection. That close colour area that says "Download Filters".

Thanks a lot Richard Haseltine and Catherine3678ab!
    It took me a while to try it, but after being ignored by HelpDesk for 10 days, I gave it a shot.

It worked! 

Thanks again!