Help with a specific model!

I recently purchased "Brown Bear" by Am. I placed the figure in the scene; however when I tested it in Iray render the hair didn't show up but rather I got a mangy looking bear. I want the bear to be all fluffy but no matter what I do it doesn't do it. Am I missing something?

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,884

The fur is LAMH, which doesn't render in Iray. If you have Catalyzer, you can use that to render the Catalyzer preset. Otherwise, there's a separate add-on that uses dForce hair, or you can export the LAMH  as an OBJ, import that and render with whatever Iray settings you want. 

• edited December 2022

Gordig said:

The fur is LAMH, which doesn't render in Iray. If you have Catalyzer, you can use that to render the Catalyzer preset. Otherwise, there's a separate add-on that uses dForce hair, or you can export the LAMH  as an OBJ, import that and render with whatever Iray settings you want. 

So I installed the Catalyzer but it's not showing up in the windows panel?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,884

First off, go to Help -> About Installed Plugins. You should see "LAMH2Iray Catalyzer". If so, then it is installed correctly. Next, go to Window -> Panes and add LAMH2Iray Catalyzer, and you're set.

• Serial key is in your account on the Serial Numbers page.