Nvidia Iray view port behaves wrong.

SeventhRoar666SeventhRoar666 Posts: 126

I found a way to live through this mess of update 4.21, but every time I load in a new genesis model, the Iray port lags a lot. So, now I have to load in an old scene with a render from that scene and the new model to make it smooth again? What kind of messed up update is this?

On top of that, the skins glow on the new model when I load it in on a new scene. It's like the base scene has some hidden lights that is slowing down EVERYTHING.

Post edited by SeventhRoar666 on

Comments

• I am not following what you mean. Are you saying that the preview is faster with a full scene and the character added than it is with an empty scene holding just the character?

• Richard Haseltine said:

I am not following what you mean. Are you saying that the preview is faster with a full scene and the character added than it is with an empty scene holding just the character?

When you load in a genesis character (It does not matter which one), The Nvidia preview is slow as !"#!"¤"#¤"¤"#. It has some hidden lights that make the character's skin glow. So, to fix this, I have to load in an old scene with good old render settings. Then load in a base genesis character, and the view is then messed up. After that, Load in the old render setting, and then it works, then the preview is smooth again.

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited December 2022

When complaining about such things maybe share a few screenshots of your settings, your render settings, etc. it could help.

There may be a logical explanation. Your problem might be the way your Daz is configured, or some installed plugin that changed something in the behavior of a default new scene, default Genesis and/or its shaders ? Hard to tell.

good old render settings

Take a screenshot of those "good old" rendering settings, and another of the ones you consider "bad" since they slow down Iray. Compare them both in Photoshop. And find the culprit slider, the reason "why" this is happening. There's always a way to pinpoint a problem and from there work the solution.

Daz works perfectly fine as far as I can tell.

Post edited by hansolocambo on
  • The ones that are bad are the base, the ones you get when you load in a normal model. The skin just seems glowing sometimes, and it messes up the whole render and seems to be demanding as "#¤"¤" too.

• felisfelis Posts: 4,191

Check if your viewport set to "Filament" when the skin is 'glowing'.

• No, it's not that. It's the standard Nvidia viewpoint. You have to load in an old scene with the old render setting (Base setting), THEN load in the base model, and then load in the old render setting again for it to go smoothly.

If you don't, the character model's skin is glowing, and this is a DAZ3D problem, no problem on my side.

• If theer is no Tone Mapper Options object in the scene then you will get teh default tone mapping, similarly for the environment Settings node adn environment options. Presumably your old scene alrady has those nodes, and their properties are set to give the lighting and exposure you want.

• Normally, I dont touch those tonemappings. So, it seems like something messed up and that lightning effect has caused it. I will actually try to load in a normal character and delete the tonemappings.

• If the issue shows in a new scene then the Tone Mapping and Environment will be at their default settings.