A Thread for Items with the "Editorial License"

1121314151618»

Comments

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,905
    edited April 6

We truly need an option to hide editorial products like the one for the "mature" in the users' profile page.

It would be easy and smooth to shop like the good old days, when I didn't need to double check every item in my cart to be sure to not get an editorial licensed product. crying

Post edited by Imago on
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,277
    edited April 6

Not Happy about this

https://www.daz3d.com/sg-reanimated-monster-hd-for-genesis-9

Last night when I put this in my cart it had both interactive and 3d print licenses I also put the 3d license in my cart.

Checked out this morning without paying any attention and before seeing this thread so after checking my receipt I see that the 3d print was removed when I checked out and I wasn't charged for it.

If a product is going to be editorial licensed they need to make sure that when it goes up that the license is correct

Post edited by Robert Freise on
  • RandWulfRandWulf Posts: 143

Robert Freise said:

Not Happy about this

Last night when I put this in my cart it had both interactive and 3d print licenses I also put the 3d license in my cart.

Checked out this morning without paying any attention and before seeing this thread so after checking my receipt I see that the 3d print was removed when I checked out and I wasn't charged for it.

If a product is going to be editorial licensed they need to make sure that when it goes up that the license is correct

Yes -- put it in my cart last night, now I find it has changed to the editorial license.  It's a shame -- nice product, but...

• NathNath Posts: 2,719
    edited April 29

The Shire Folk Armoury for Genesis 9, 8, and 8.1 Texture Add-On

https://www.daz3d.com/the-shire-folk-armoury-for-genesis-9-8-and-81-texture-add-on

And another item that didn't show the editorial license shortly after the changeover when I put it in my cart. I didn't buy as I expected it would get an editorial license, but yet again, early buyers could have checked out with the item shown as a standard license.

I'm not too bothered about this one. I can create similar textures easily enough if I buy the base pack. Or model something similar for the swords. I already have my own One Ring anyway, made in Blender, and it is precioussss to me!

Post edited by Nath on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,859

sorry Nath but you need to go back and edit all your links and remove the trailing semicolon that gives an ooops page devil

• NathNath Posts: 2,719

WendyLuvsCatz said:

sorry Nath but you need to go back and edit all your links and remove the trailing semicolon that gives an ooops page devil

blush Fixed!  

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,206

doubledeviant said:

Mary Shelley's Frankenstein is public domain, but Universal Pictures' version of the monster is copyrighted (until 2027), according to some light reading about the subject.

Although this version of it, while obviously influenced by Universal's design, is arguably distinct enough that it shouldn't require the EL.

edited April 29

Nath said:

https://www.daz3d.com/the-shire-folk-armoury-for-genesis-9-8-and-81-texture-add-on

And another item that didn't show the editorial license shortly after the changeover when I put it in my cart. I didn't buy as I expected it would get an editorial license, but yet again, early buyers could have checked out with the item shown as a standard license.

I'm not too bothered about this one. I can create similar textures easily enough if I buy the base pack. Or model something similar for the swords. I already have my own One Ring anyway, made in Blender, and it is precioussss to me!

This is happening to often

It happened with the  Jon 8.1 bundle  and with several others as well 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,337

Nath said:

I wonder if anybody has bought any of the products before the editorial license was added; and if so whether or not they have the standard license showng in their product library ??? 

edited April 29

I did and no they show Editorial in my library,

Seems that the change took place during the checkout process

As stated in a previous post I had a 3d print license included with one which was removed during the checkout process so I wasn't charged for it 

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,112

What do we think about the Star Trek items apparently being pulled from the store?

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,615

butterflyfish said:

What do we think about the Star Trek items apparently being pulled from the store?

Oops! laugh Yes, that's what I think. And all I dare to say. angel 

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,405
    edited April 30

Daz has, for the time being, removed some fan-art product pages while they are under review. Lets not start speculating why.

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,112

OK. Thank you.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,615

frank0314 said:

Daz has, for the time being, removed some fan-art product pages while they are under review. Lets not start speculating why.

You will notice I was careful not to do that. As one opposed to the sale of fan art here and use of EL license, I am happy to see it and I hope they are pulled permanently.

• Interesting to see Tolkien inspired items being sold. From what I know of the Tolkien Estate (which owns the rights),  Middle Earth, Valinor, & even Mordor are - shall I say? - Precioussss - to them. For example, they wouldn't sell rights to use The Silmarillion, only the Lord of the Rings' appendices, as source material for Amazon's The Rings of Power series. This is one reason, I believe, besides condensing millennia of fictional history, that the series doesn't follow canon timeline and details as closely as many fans wished. 

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,651
    edited April 30

Torquinox said:

butterflyfish said:

Oops! laugh Yes, that's what I think. And all I dare to say. angel 

All I can say is:

Nelson_Ha-Ha.jpg
    400 x 373 - 25K
    Post edited by zombietaggerung on