Hard pin when applying pose

anepheranepher Posts: 122

Hello!

Please can someone tell me how can I have a body part pinned and stay pinned even after I apply a pose. For example I have the character in the default pose with the legs together. I pin the left leg and apply a pose with left leg in front and right leg back, I want the pose to apply only to the right leg and the left leg should remain in the original possition. Please can soemone tell me how can I achieve this or if there is a tool that I can use?

For example I want to achieve the same result like when I am in  Active pose tool, I pin a foot and move the character down and backwards like it is in a lunge pose.

I'm looking for the same pin functionality from Active pose tool but to work also when applying a pose not only when manually dragging the body parts.

Post edited by anepher on

Comments

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,126
    edited December 2022

In the viewport click the characters right thigh to select it.
    In the "Scene" pane right click "Right Thigh Bend" and select Select>Select Children
    Now you should have the right leg and all of it's parts selected.

Here's the magic part...

Press and hold the CTRL button on your keyboard and click on your pose.

You should get a popup called "Pose Preset Load Control"
    On the "Options" tab set;
    Node: Selected

Propagation: Recursive

Leave everything else alone and press accept.

The right leg should have been the only thing that moved.

You can use this tool to selectively use any body part specific pose from any pose preset so long as the preset is for the figure you are using. It won't auto-convert poses from other generations.

As you can see, there are many more options. If your characters are moving out of place when you apply a pose you can uncheck the boxes for "Translation" to stop that.

Post edited by IceCrMn on
  • anepheranepher Posts: 122

IceCrMn said:

In the viewport click the characters right thigh to select it.
    In the "Scene" pane right click "Right Thigh Bend" and select Select>Select Children
    Now you should have the right leg and all of it's parts selected.

Here's the magic part...

Press and hold the CTRL button on your keyboard and click on your pose.

You should get a popup called "Pose Preset Load Control"
    On the "Options" tab set;
    Node: Selected

Propagation: Recursive

Leave everything else alone and press accept.

The right leg should have been the only thing that moved.

You can use this tool to selectively use any body part specific pose from any pose preset so long as the preset is for the figure you are using. It won't auto-convert poses from other generations.

As you can see, there are many more options. If your characters are moving out of place when you apply a pose you can uncheck the boxes for "Translation" to stop that.

Thank you very much for your response! It is very usefull, unfortunately I can't achieve the pose that I want, and I figure it out that it's my fault, the example I gave was not describing the right situation. 
    So if I pin the left foot and apply a pose that displace the body backwards I want to achieve the same result as if I would be in Activate pose tool and drag the character back, making it look like it is in a lunge position.

Basically I look for a pin that also work when aplying pose not only when manually moving the character.