How to make content for Genesis 9?

I've only done a few items on my own time. I've released a few for free, but always had some issues with custom characters. With Genesis 9, I have no clue whatsoever how to proceed.

For previous figures, I would just create clothing on the base figure for G8F or G3F, etc. But with Genesis 9, there's extra dials to make it look more masculine or feminine. Some items are better suited for the feminine figure. But I just noticed that Genesis 9 characters don't use the Base Feminine Body morph. So I don't even know how you create clothing anymore for males or females when there are differences where modelling on the base figure (no morphs) isn't enough. And making them for Base Feminine Body is no good because it's not compatible with the custom characters as they don't use that morph. This was difficult enough before. But now, I have no idea how to do this. And I'm only trying to get shoes (high heels) done. The figure's character morphs completely distorts the shoes. I don't want to add zero'd out empty morphs for each character (I can't afford it and don't have the time). Is there a way to ignore all character morphs, but still apply the sizing?

Also, want to take a bet that a character in the future won't be based off the Base Feminine Body morph?

Maybe high heels are a bit more difficult because you don't want the shape to change for the most part. You want the size to change. But it can change in different ways. Foot length is one. But again, some characters don't use that morph. It's built into the character morph. So if anyone can point me in the right direction how to get this to work, I would greatly appreciate it.

I kind of wish there was an automatic dial that automatically stated the size of various parts of the figure. Something ilke measure metrics. That would be ideal. I could create morphs based on the dimensions of various parts and just apply the appropriate morph without having to worry about character morphs and the hidden correctives. Also, there are no heel morphs. That's fun.

Comments

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,716

If you haven't seen it already, this thread might be a good starting point:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/597726/genesis-9-clothing-questions-answers/p1

• Thanks! I'll take a look. Most of the discussion seems to be the transfer utility. I've used that quite a lot already. And my suspicions seem to be confirmed that the feet are quite different from previous figures and do not transfer well. In fact, I was no able to transfer morphs on the calves. And you need to use very specific settings for the morphs that did transfer fine. Looks like I'm not alone with these issues.

• I've read a bit further and it seems they use a clone in DS, export that as on obj to use as a template for modelling the clothing. Then they import it into DS by using the transfer utility and the template using the clone. I can't do that. The feet poses don't tranfer even on older figures and they certainly don't transfer on G9. As I've said, even the calves don't transfer correctly. So it seems I'm out of luck. I have to manually adjust for the base G9 figure. And I haven't even gotten to how to not have custom character morphs distort the shoes.

• felisfelis Posts: 4,191

If you are asking about modelling clothes, you should model it towards the base character.

If waanted to can model towards base male or female shape if you use reverse defomation when using transfer utility.

Footwear, is a special case, especially high heeled shoes, where you have get them transferred so they essentially ends up on as being fitted to a flatfooted pose, while not seen by the user, if you also apply the pose. There is a video by Daz describing that process.

Using clones, is relevant when using autofit.

• Adjusting the pose is no problem. But reverse deformation doesn't work with heels. However, I'm playing with rigidity groups and it's somewhat promising. I don't know if they fixed them or improved them, but they're working WAY better than I remember the last time I tried them. It was one of the videos in the link provide by DustRider. She was using them with glasses. From what I understand, the reference points are morphed and affected normally. And the mesh is fitted to those points without morphing based on the rigidity weight map. I can now create some scaling morphs for adjustments and for some sliders like foot length and I think this will work. I'm in a way better situation than before I think. I'll do some more testing with rigidity maps and see where I get.