UltraScenery

Hi hoping someone can help. I've been using Daz studio for MANY years but I don't use it enough to know enough about it.. so I could say I'm a newbie. Been dying to use the UltraScenery product but my computer was giving me major issues rendering it. So I recently got a new computer mainly for Daz Studio, everything else renders reallllly quick but this UltraScenery takes FOREVER.. is this normal? I'd like to hear if anyone else has the same issues. ? really wanted to get the UltraSceneryXT too but am afraid that won't work either.

Is there some special settings I should be using? I've switched from CPU to GPU but that didn't help either 

Comments

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,309
    edited December 2022

First of all try the usage hints in the first post on the commercial thread here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/466351/ultrascenery-new-territory-commercial/p1

If you are already doing all those things (especially the 4th and 5th bullet points) and still have a problem then I would suggest you ask for help there.

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • Define 'forever'. Also, what is your GPU? If not an Nvidia one, you're rendering in CPU, then yes, it will take forever. Next, what VRAM in your GPU? If 6gb, that's marginal with a single figure these days. If the scene is too big, the render drops to CPU and takes forever. I have an old GTX 1060 with 6gb VRAM. It's common for my US scenes to render in 90-120 minutes. And that's in GPU, it's over a day in CPU if I let it. It is understandable that it can take that long - there may be over 100,000 instances of some plants, ant it takes time. If you tell more about the time it takes and your rig, those in the know here can tell if that's reasonable and give ideas on how to improve it. Regards, Richard.