Smart Content bug / locked

Hey guys, I've encountered a problem with my smart content, it has happened since yesterday, I guess I bought some new products on daz store and used central to install like normally.
when I opened daz this morning, whenever I selected any female figure, be it gen8 or 8.1 it locks my smart content to a specific thing shown in the picture I attached. any other object or male figure I select works perfectly fine, I have tried uninstalling all the content I downloaded yesterday, to no effect.. 

I hope some of you will be able to help me out as this is a major obstacle for me continuing my work.

smartcontentbug.jpg
513 x 1050 - 78K

Comments

• Try reinstalling Genesis 8 Starter Essentials, or at least the female version if using Central/Install Manager.

• Halcon BlueskyHalcon Bluesky Posts: 291
    edited December 2022

@fladfisk147, You are better off with Daz Install Manager, Daz Central is too problematic.refer to this thread: 

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/post/quote/426171/Comment_7804186

Also lokk at this topic:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/601121/how-to-update-daz-studio-to-4-21#latest

You should use the Content Library instead of the Smart Content.

Click on any of the categories, it will expand and you can find anything you like.

Hope this can help you.

If you have some doubts post your comment, someone can assist you.

Content Library.png
    1350 x 1672 - 404K
    Content Library2.png
    1327 x 1552 - 355K
    Post edited by Halcon Bluesky on
  • Richard Haseltine said:

Try reinstalling Genesis 8 Starter Essentials, or at least the female version if using Central/Install Manager.

Reviving this thread because this same issue beset me just today (in my case, it decided all G8Fs were Midori).  I didn't find "just don't use Smart Content" a meaningful solution, particularly because my library is several thousand items long, but uninstalling/reinstalling G8F Starter Essentials in DIM did the trick for me.