New custom build for Daz ($5K Budget)

465c465c Posts: 0

Hello. I am new to Daz3D and have been learning on my Mac but rendering is impossible (no surprise there). I have decided to go all in and build a PC just for Daz. With a budget of $5,000 what parts would do you recommend gets me the most bang for the buck? I already have KB/Mouse/Display.

I went through the forums and it looks like getting 2 GPUs is better than one higher end but then cooling is an issue. But then I get unsure of the MB plus cooling plus power supply combo. If anyone has a planned pcpartpicker list for their own rig and willing to share, that would be awesome.

Post edited by 465c on

Comments

• 465c465c Posts: 0

So I build this part list without knowing too much about what goes best with each other but counting on the website to ensure compatibility:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/DQtGMb

Let me know what you would you add or replace. I know RTX 4000 series is not supported yet but it makes sense to go with the faster card (4090) since it will become compatible soon?

• troth_67124ac7troth_67124ac7 Posts: 6
    edited December 2022

I don't know if you've pulled the trigger yet, but unless you need the features aimed at enterprises (groups etc.), you're totally fine running Win11 Home. It's even a free upgrade if you have 7, 8 or 10 somewhere.

Secondly, I'd use an AIO watercooler for the i9-13900K. I went with a be quiet Silent Loop 2 360mm for my i5-8600k @5GHz (PC is also used for simracing, where the old i5 is still good enough) and I can keep it for the planned i7-13700K upgrade. It's so comfy to barely hear anything from the CPU cooler.

be quiet! AIO's are not available in the US due to a patent issue, so NZXT, Corsair or Alphacool are the go-to brands.

I also don't see the point in the very expensive mainboard. The Asus Prime Z790 does the trick more than well enough.

Cases come with a bare minimum of fans, I currently run 3 140mm intakes and one 140mm exhaust. The 360mm (3x120mm) AIO is also configured as exhaust. To prevent dust accumulation and have enough cold air in the case, my intakes spin up earlier and faster than the exhaust to keep a higher static pressure in the case. You can set the fan curves in the BIOS.

I also noticed that your Corsair case allows cards of up to 360mm and the GPU is 340mm. It's a tight squeeze especially if you want to service/upgrade later. That's why I suggest the be quiet! Silent Base 802 that I use. It's also pretty wide to allow easy routing of the GPU power cable. You have to be really careful with this cable and not bend it on the first 35mm after the connector. Just google RTX 4090 fire or melting. The standard cable is a poor design build to a price. Most PSU suppliers offer better cables and I strongly advice to get one: https://www.bequiet.com/en/accessories/3959

1000W seemed to be quite a tight fit, so I went with 1200. If be quiet! is unavailable, pick Corsair.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/J9fwfv

Post edited by troth_67124ac7 on
  • Stay with W11 PRO. It can handle the tons of memory required better.