What did I do ? Set Daz Central base path and it Reset database?!

Currently moving my Daz library from my previous drive to drive T:\ after a new windows install

image of Content Directory Manager

• As I was having a lot of issues with library management using DIM, I wanted to test out the Daz Connect method since I was already starting from a broken library.
  • While downloading some of my files, the status bar keeps getting stuck on "Obtainging Data from Daz Connect" many times
  • The only way I could get it moving again was closing and opening Daz Studio and selecting the remaining products in Smart Content and Install.
  • Assuming that maybe it was Daz Connect, I opened Daz Central and saw that the Base Path was set to "Managed by DIM" (similar) I chaged this to the following

image of Daz Central install locations

What have I done ? now all my items are reset like they were never installed.crying 

Comments

• Managed by DIM means that the paths are not sub-folders of the single folder Daz Central allows you to choose, it isn't an error. By overriding that with the Daz Central settings you have lost the database you were using - there is only one path there, shown in all applications - so go into Install Manager or Daz Studio and set it back to the T:/...Database folder. You should find your content diectories in Daz Studio are otherwise still correct.

• So I think I just borked it further. Gave up and am now rebuilding my Library indecision

I changed the CMS database to T:\[3D]\DAZ3D .

I am going to be setting a Library that I can access on my laptop as well so, I will move the T:\ drive letter over to an external HDD and try this again.

Thanks for the help Richard, we can close this thread if possible.

• In order to get the old database back you need to select the old path, as in your frist screen shot - the one on T: then, but that doesn't matter as long as the system is told to use the folder that contains the actual ContentCluster folder (don't seelct the copntetnCluster folder itself, you want its parent folder).