Error during rendering.

I get this notifcation when i try to render with nvidia iray that just says "Error when rendering!"

Comments

• This warning is in the log file.

2022-12-04 14:50:12.663 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(369): Iray [FATAL] - API:MEMORY :: Memory allocation failed.
    2022-12-04 14:50:12.692 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(369): Iray [WARNING] - API:DATABASE ::   1.0   API    db   warn : Transaction is released without being committed or aborted. Automatically aborting.

• ma.vnma.vn Posts: 0

Same here:

Last two lines in the log file:

2022-12-12 13:48:07.687 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(369): Iray [WARNING] - API:DATABASE ::   1.0   API    db   warn : Transaction is released without being committed or aborted. Automatically aborting.
    2022-12-12 13:48:15.482 [INFO] :: Total Rendering Time: 26.33 seconds

• Same here. It started happening after the lastest Nvidia update for me but everyone else reported prior to that.

05:09:42.062 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(369): Iray [WARNING] - API:DATABASE ::   1.0   API    db   warn : Transaction is released without being committed or aborted. Automatically aborting.

Though, it seems to mostly happen when SubD is set anything above 2 in the render. And no, before anyone says it, my Vram is NOT being exceeded. I have 12 GB of Ram and I use GPU-Z to always check Ram and Vram usage when I render and test to make sure I am well below before during a full render. When I load a model with HD morphs or an HD character, the SubD is anywhere from 3 to 5 on renders. I have no issues in the viewport where SubD is 1 or 2 max.

• Also, I rolled back my Nvidia driver and reduced this problem for a few days. It didn't seem to happen and I was rendering on my timeline frequently. When it happens, there is no option to render a second time when doing single image renders. Might as well plan on restarting it after one is finished because this will happen when you start a second render after the first has completed.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,010

zombiecharger65 said:

Vram is NOT being exceeded. I have 12 GB of Ram and I use GPU-Z to always check Ram and Vram usage when I render and test to make sure I am well below before during a full render.

How do you check RAM and especially VRAM usage with GPU-Z before rendering?

During rendering, GPU-Z may show some VRAM usage and still not render if the textures don't fit. Then the reported VRAM usage is the baseload (Windows/DS/Scene) plus the geometry usage. 

• zombiecharger65zombiecharger65 Posts: 26
    edited December 2022

Iray preview. I do not work in smooth shaded often. I am not a noob, so please do not immediately try to make this a I don't know what I am doing scenario (which is the Daz forum go to response). And YES I do know that iray preview is not applying the same SubD render level or calculating the geometry the same (though I could force it to). I compare my render usage to my iray preview usage and it always stays in the same range give or take. And when you have 12 GB of Vram, rendering a simple scene AND you track all of your usage on every single render, I KNOW what to expect from all of my models and the scenes they are in. SubD does bump it up some, I account for that. I account for what Windows reserves for itself. I make comics and I have been rendering the same scene and models for days now with nothing new added nor anything changed other than poses. I timeline render and always save my scene when it is setup, then close Daz and reload it before rendering. My VRAM usage during rendering has yet to exceed 8 GB when rendering successfully. Same scene, new poses and it is back to doing the same thing it was doing days ago. 

Post edited by zombiecharger65 on
  • Update: Did a test. Removed the props, the house and all the models except for 1. Started my timeline render. Frame 0 rendered fine. VRAM usage was 4 GB (I have 12 GB). Frame 1 started with the same exact usuage. It rendered for 1 minute and was 60% complete when the Error popped back up. So, as I pretty much already knew, it is NOT a Vram issue or lack thereof. This is an iRay / Daz issue that started literally the day the newest Nvidia driver came out for me. First, Daz started crashing my renders. Being a long time user, I know this usually means there is a new driver. Daz amazingly starts acting weird the second it knows there is a new driver. I download it and renders will not work no matter what. I do a clean install and roll back my driver two studio versions prior. Renders work just fine for several days once I disabled Daz from checking my driver version. 

edited December 2022

This result lead me to test about everything I can think of at this point:

2022-12-16 05:58:35.257 [INFO] :: Loaded first morph deltas: 0m 0.6s - /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Projection Morphs/DAZ 3D/Expressions/eJCMConfused_HD_div2_proj.dsf
    2022-12-16 05:58:35.358 [INFO] :: Loaded morph deltas: 0m 0.8s - /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Expressions/eJCMAngry_HD_div2.dsf
    2022-12-16 05:58:35.376 [INFO] :: Loaded first morph deltas: 0m 0.3s - /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Projection Morphs/DAZ 3D/Expressions/eJCMAngry_HD_div2_proj.dsf
    2022-12-16 05:58:35.472 [INFO] :: Loaded morph deltas: 0m 0.6s - /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Celani 8/eJCMCelani8_Angry_HDLv3.dsf
    2022-12-16 05:58:35.501 [INFO] :: Loaded first morph deltas: 0m 0.3s - /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Projection Morphs/DAZ 3D/Celani 8/eJCMCelani8_Angry_HDLv3_proj.dsf
    2022-12-16 05:58:43.169 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(369): Iray [WARNING] - API:DATABASE ::   1.0   API    db   warn : Transaction is released without being committed or aborted. Automatically aborting.
    2022-12-16 05:58:49.684 [INFO] :: Total Rendering Time: 47.38 seconds

I started thinking the HD expressions were causing an error because my (Render) SubD Minimum was set to 3 and these morphs appear to do their thing at 2 and 3 respectively. Thinking my settings were too high on my High Resolution Genesis 8 and not allowing the minimum to slip low enough to use these expressions, I reset them (Alt+Left Click) to default which is SubD Level 1 and (Render) SubD Minimum 2. I also loaded in new versions of her wearables to compare their SubD levels and make sure that none of them had been changed on accident. They were not.

This did not solve the issue. So, I removed all expressions from the test render from every frame of the timeline, saved my scene, closed Daz and restarted.

Expressions are now off, only the poses themselves still exist. Still crashes after frame 0 is done rendering. First Frame renders fine (an improvement from not rendering at all).

2022-12-16 07:12:51.619 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend progr: Received update to 00220 iterations after 15.324s.
    2022-12-16 07:12:52.628 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend progr: Received update to 00239 iterations after 16.332s.
    2022-12-16 07:12:53.619 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend progr: 100.00% of image converged
    2022-12-16 07:12:53.620 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend progr: Received update to 00257 iterations after 17.324s.
    2022-12-16 07:12:53.634 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend progr: Convergence threshold reached.
    2022-12-16 07:12:54.565 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend info : Device statistics:
    2022-12-16 07:12:54.565 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend info : CUDA device 0 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060): 275 iterations, 2.537s init, 15.968s render
    2022-12-16 07:12:54.620 [INFO] :: Saved image: D:\Daz Renders\Dson Cleared Test00.jpg
    2022-12-16 07:12:54.622 [INFO] :: Rendering frame 1
    2022-12-16 07:13:07.394 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(369): Iray [WARNING] - API:DATABASE ::   1.0   API    db   warn : Transaction is released without being committed or aborted. Automatically aborting.
    2022-12-16 07:13:29.155 [INFO] :: Total Rendering Time: 56.66 seconds

I have read about clearing the Dson cache resolving some rendering issues. I cleared and deleted those files manually. Reload the scene and watch the folder repopulate the Cache. Okay, new files, should be fine, right?

No. Not even close. 

So I am going one thing by another and I am going to test the model in a blank state, in a base pose and create nothing more than camera movements for an animation and test that. I plan to test this because I am wondering about bend morphs, MCMs and JCMs. An unposed model should provide me with further information. Stay tuned. If a base Genesis 8 model will not render in my next test I am eliminating ANY responsibility from myself and blaming Daz and Nvidia. Like I said, I have NEVER had this issue before Dec 8th when the newest Studio driver was released. Rolled back two drivers previous, everything worked fine for a week. Now it is doing the same thing. If this fails I am going to try the Public Beta versions next (currently using 4.21 Pro). 

One other thing that I failed to mention, after my renders fail, Daz acts like it is loading when I return to Smooth shaded but when I switch back to iRay preview, the little spinning wheel goes away. Return to smooth shaded and try to render again and I get the "Unable to Render. Renderer already in use" warning. You have to shut Daz down to render again. I can continue to work and save my project or do anything I choose but once this original render fail happens, iRay cannot be used to render outside of the preview window in the work space.

• Another update...

So, the blank model in T-pose (default Gen 8) with a camera shifting to create animations frames were able to render 7 frames just fine in under 3 minutes time. So it is not my model. Cranked SubD up a notch. Rendered the same thing a second time with NO ISSUES. SubD is not the issue.

Poses appear to be causing this. pJCM files in particular. I tested this theory by applying the whole pose series (4 Frames total) from the render I was attempting to do when this began, to the base model in an empty scene just as when I tested the no pose and increased SubD theories. It failed on the very first frame. I just went through this with the duplicate formula issue and have been working with technical support to resolve it. We came to the conclusion that the Gen 8 Alice and her outfit were clashing with another Genesis 8 Alice morphs. I deleted the Alice morphs and resolved the issue. This feels the same as a random morph from a random product is causing issues when it loads. I have a lot of posing morphs that apply passively when I use a bend morph, so finding exactly which one is causing will not be fun but I am 98% sure I know what is causing it now. 

edited December 2022

A wearable was clashing with the poses. Removed the wearable, the poses render fine through the whole timeline. Return the wearable and zero the poses on the timeline and the wearable renders fine without the poses. Jcms and pcms clashing with an autofollow item. Go figure. I have been able to render fine since changing the poses. Until the next time this happens.... I will at least know where to start. Its a shame there is ZERO indication of why iray stops. Just the generic error message. The log file is like "Line 200, all good. Line 201, ERROR!. Line 202, all systems normal.

So, if you are getting this exact error, I would recommend using a different pose and see if it fixes your problem.

• Lots of advice on this topic already, but I just spend the last 3 days dealing with the issue and none of what anyone else said made any difference. I'm guessing that there are multiple errors that can cause this, or that a multitude of conflicts are needed all at once. The only thing that worked for me was removing one item from the scene at a time until the issue stopped, and then testing the item in other scenes that work. The log file gave me some clues, but at the end of the day, trial and error won out. I tracked my issue to "Fear and Loathing Expressions for G8F" and "X-Fashion Cat Ear Panties" The problem did not present until I installed a new GPU and the appropriate driver. (No, rolling the driver back to an older version did not help.)
  • luttikrobluttikrob Posts: 14

Hey guys i had the same thing. realise its an old post but still wanted to pose a possible solution. I selected all bones from the HIP and put limits off, and it worked.. weird.. but alas..

• zombiecharger65 said:

A wearable was clashing with the poses. Removed the wearable, the poses render fine through the whole timeline. Return the wearable and zero the poses on the timeline and the wearable renders fine without the poses. Jcms and pcms clashing with an autofollow item. Go figure. I have been able to render fine since changing the poses. Until the next time this happens.... I will at least know where to start. Its a shame there is ZERO indication of why iray stops. Just the generic error message. The log file is like "Line 200, all good. Line 201, ERROR!. Line 202, all systems normal.

So, if you are getting this exact error, I would recommend using a different pose and see if it fixes your problem.

I've been through the same problem. It was a piece of cloth that was the issue for me.
    But still ... that standard message is not acceptable : Error during rendering! 
    Frustrating !!! With useless log that doesn't tell you what to look at. And of course that old saying found everywhere on forums : Nvidia card ? update ! ... yeah it's always up to date (...) 

• jmtbankjmtbank Posts: 175
    edited October 2023

Edit2: Turned out to be an item of clothing I'd used geometry editor to try to fix something quickly on. Then saved it as an asset. Which looks to be where the duplicate morphs came from. As stated above, it not failing every time made locating the issue a nightmare.

Post edited by jmtbank on