Parameters Sub Directory Creation Saving

I have bought quite a few morphs from different vendors and some of them dont organize them well meaning all the morphs are in one directory under the parameters tab and I was hoping to separate the morphs into sub folders within the parameters tab or the shaping tab either one that allows this to work. what I do is edit the Parameters of a specific morph and set a new directory in the file path name. it creates a new subdirectory afterwards and the morph works fine. the problem is when I either delete the model or close the program that director setup is not saved. what can I do to organize the morphs and create sub directories to help to organize these files. 

1.JPG
651 x 349 - 32K
dIR.JPG
553 x 495 - 44K
afterloading new file.JPG
634 x 381 - 50K

Comments

• Those aren't file directories, they are proeprty groups. What you need to do is save a Character preset after making your chnages and in future use that to load the figure.

• Richard Haseltine said:

Those aren't file directories, they are proeprty groups. What you need to do is save a Character preset after making your chnages and in future use that to load the figure.

thats kind of depressiong so there really isnt a way to orgnize these kind of morphs

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898

dustinmeyer1234 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Those aren't file directories, they are proeprty groups. What you need to do is save a Character preset after making your chnages and in future use that to load the figure.

thats kind of depressiong so there really isnt a way to orgnize these kind of morphs

You can do it but its a bit more involved then just saving a preset.  It would require you to resave the products AFTER you organize the dials.  Then you can repack the product with the new files so that your organization of the dials is kept if you have to reinstall.

The easiest way to do that would be yo create a seperate library with JUST the base figure you need and then one at a time, install the 3rd party morph to that same library, find the dials and move them.  Then save the morphs, making sure you fill in the correct vender name and product name.

Which ever base figure you are doing this for, I would recommend you redownload the essentials package but then remove all the extras that coem with it so that you can focus on just the morphs.

• Mattymanx said:

dustinmeyer1234 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

You can do it but its a bit more involved then just saving a preset.  It would require you to resave the products AFTER you organize the dials.  Then you can repack the product with the new files so that your organization of the dials is kept if you have to reinstall.

The easiest way to do that would be yo create a seperate library with JUST the base figure you need and then one at a time, install the 3rd party morph to that same library, find the dials and move them.  Then save the morphs, making sure you fill in the correct vender name and product name.

Which ever base figure you are doing this for, I would recommend you redownload the essentials package but then remove all the extras that coem with it so that you can focus on just the morphs.

well thats still a bummer thanks for the information its not worth all the effort to for orgnization just would have been nice if it was a bit easier anyways thank for everyone input 

• Why is using a character preset not acceptable? You just load that instead of the Genesis # Base figure, and apply any character preset (or shaping and materials presets) you want to that (the sliders are, as far as I know, organised only when loading the preset to load a new figure - using it to modify an existing figure won't change them). The advantage of this over Mattymanx's method is that it will survive a product update, since the new character preset isn't part of a product (other than Local user).

Why is using a character preset not acceptable? You just load that instead of the Genesis # Base figure, and apply any character preset (or shaping and materials presets) you want to that (the sliders are, as far as I know, organised only when loading the preset to load a new figure - using it to modify an existing figure won't change them). The advantage of this over Mattymanx's method is that it will survive a product update, since the new character preset isn't part of a product (other than Local user).

so from what I understand you are saying I can do this organization save this character preset and say if I buy a new genesis 8 morph it will still show up under my current new character preset? that doesn't sounds to bad and say if I update this character preset I can just override the old one when updating it if I need to organize new morphs. ill give it a shot and see

• dustinmeyer1234dustinmeyer1234 Posts: 123
    edited December 2022

Richard Haseltine said:

Why is using a character preset not acceptable? You just load that instead of the Genesis # Base figure, and apply any character preset (or shaping and materials presets) you want to that (the sliders are, as far as I know, organised only when loading the preset to load a new figure - using it to modify an existing figure won't change them). The advantage of this over Mattymanx's method is that it will survive a product update, since the new character preset isn't part of a product (other than Local user).

I tried to do this but it seems like it didnt work I recoded a video of me doing it, I had to age restrict the video just in case you know how recordiing daz is 

Post edited by dustinmeyer1234 on
  • OK, I apologise - I was obviously mis remembering as you certainly followed the correct steps, and it does work for other changes. Sorry for that.

OK, I apologise - I was obviously mis remembering as you certainly followed the correct steps, and it does work for other changes. Sorry for that.

I guess Ill have to come back to this later, I still dont see a easy way of orgnization of these morphs for now