Purple surfaces. The file chosen is out of place.

Hi,

I am experiencing isues with surfaces with the product "KUJ Fashion Tight Dress Outfit".

I installed it with Smart content.

When I load it into the scene, there is no problem, but when i turn on iray preview, the surfaces of the glasses and shoes are purple.

The weird thing is when i go on the surfaces tab, they are all mapped, but unlike the dress, when I manually select the file, i get an error ressource message.

I don't understand why the ressource error appears, as all my products are mapped to the cloud directory.

I tried to reinstall it but the problem remains.

Capture.PNG
2555 x 1388 - 543K

Comments

• How did you install the content? Does it sepcify which file - check the end of Help>Troubleshooting>View Log File after the error appears. Given the way it is behaving I suspect it is not loading the UVs, which tell it how to wrap an image around the mode (for textures)l.

• bagnozbagnoz Posts: 17

Hi Richard,

I installed the product via Smart Content.

This is the first time I have encountered this error.

I checked the log file after the error occurred but no error appears. 

It only says loaded image.

I don't know about UV, it's set by default.

Capture.PNG
    2034 x 1203 - 216K
  • The actual error trigger might be ebfore the render starts, so scroll up a bit

Here is the screenshot.

I just opened Daz3D and loaded the product.

Capture.PNG
    1948 x 1058 - 146K
  • It might better just to load the whole log file - though it certainly doesn't appear to have found any major issues (I think the warnings about failing to follow bones may indicate that there are custom bones in the dress that are not in the base figure).

Here is the log file.

Does this mean that the problem is more related to the product itself ?

txt
    txt
    log.txt
  • Product or installation, though I don't see any obvious issues in the log so I'm really not sure what the issue is. Most Daz Studio erros get written to the log, the fact that this one doesn't may indicate that it is from a plug-in. You can try starting Daz Studio with all third-party plug-ins disabled using this script, http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/plugins/plugins_load_config/start , then try restarting daz Studio and do the render again. If it works then you can use Help>About Installed Plug-ins to enable some plug-ins, restart Daz Studio, and try rendering until you find the culprit; if the error still occurs with only the core plug-ins then I think you need to open a support ticket.

I followed your method but unfortunately it didn't work.

My only third-party plug-ins are ManFriday's mesh grabber and Ultra Scenary Accelerator.

I'll open a support ticket.

Thanks for you concern Richard.