My Library & Content

MarcuseMarcuse Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Struggling with 3 Genesis files - would it be possible to put them all into one or would that make it difficult for DS to find them, because I then want to add quite a lot of Victoria 4 meaning perhaps a total of 7/8 files ? Then there's several other content items I'd like to add after that. The problem is it makes the list or tree in the scene's Content folder incredibly long and therefore hard to remember what and where the many sub-folders are inside them all.

Still it's great to be under way again.... :-)

3_Genesis_files.JPG
606 x 905 - 64K

Comments

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    edited December 1969

cridgit said:

I can't comment on Genesis #1 because I can't see what parent folder its in.

If it is the folder directly above DAZ Studio Tutorials, as it appears to be, it is the data folder and need to be where it is. Agreed on the Genesis #3.
  • MarcuseMarcuse Posts: 0
    edited August 2012

Thanks. Could they all go into #1 ?

3_Genesis_files.1_.JPG
    511 x 855 - 60K
    Post edited by Marcuse on
    edited August 2012

Or best of all when searching through "Trees" in Smart Content...?

3_Genesis_files_2.JPG
    507 x 848 - 53K
    Post edited by Marcuse on
    edited August 2012

Marcuse said:
    Thanks. Could they all go into #1 ?

Not advisable. #1 is the data files, think Geometries folder in Poser if you know that file structure. The files in the People, Props folders etc reference files within the data folder. You can move files around in their respective folders if you like but this will break Smart Content links.

So, say you move Journeyer Scout in the people folder to a sub folder. The files within that folder will still load as they are coded to look for the data files in Journeyer Scout files in the data folder which will still be there. If you move #2 and #3 to #1 DAZ will no longer show the files as the interface does not check that folder for content and it doesn't show in the content tabs. And if you move #1 the data files will no longer be where the loading files are looking for them and will not load.

As I say be aware that moving Journeyer Scout around under people will break Smart Content Links but it will show in the content tab where you moved it to.

Hope that's not too confusing.

Post edited by Haruchai on
    edited August 2012

Marcuse said:
    Or best of all when searching through "Trees" in the Content Library...?

Again unfortunately no, DAZ only looks for content in certain folders eg People, Light, Props etc.

What you could do is have Genesis, V4 and Other folders within the People Folder.

I do not know if you can create your own folders and get DAZ to show them, maybe someone with more knowledge about that could help.

Post edited by Haruchai on
    edited May 2022

Redacted

edited May 2022

Redacted

edited May 2022

Redacted

edited December 1969

Thank you everyone ! I'd assumed there must be far more to it all than what's on the surface which was why I was trying to get things right if possible from the beginning. Obviously the best course would seem to be start small with my immediate projects with V4 and then keep referring back here and the other long thread as things progress otherwise I doubt I'll ever get started....

Many thanks again :)