G8.1F Fingernails too long

Whenever I apply a character morph to the G8.1F base the character always has extraoridinarily long fingernails.  I use the "Currently Used" feature in the Parameters to see if some unwanted morph is an issue, but there's nothing there.  Even when the character has its own fingernail morph, it doesn't seem to be able to overide the embedded long fingernail morph.

Does anyone know why this happens and how it can be fixed?

unwanted fingernail morph.jpg
381 x 333 - 67K

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

"Currently used" shows only dials that have their value at something else than the default value. If a morph/dial has it's default value set at 100%, it will not show up on currently used.

To fix any ill-behaving (non-zero default value) morphs, do as follows;

1. Open DS and load "Genesis 8.1 Basic Female" (to an empty scene)

2. Right Click at Parameters Tab->Preferences->Choose "Show Hidden Properties" (part 3 zeroes only 'visible' dials)

3. Right Click at Parameters Tab->Zero->Zero Figure (Zeroes the value of all the 'visible' dials)

4. Right Click at Parameters Tab->Memorize->Memorize Figure (Sets the current value of all the dials as their default value)

5. Edit->Save As->Support Asset->Save Modified Assets (Writes the changed default value to the morph files that were changed)

When saving "Modified Assets" DS shows a dialog and asks for confirmation;

"The following file(s) will be permanently modified:" - "Accept/Cancel" - Choose "Accept"

• PerttiA said:

"Currently used" shows only dials that have their value at something else than the default value. If a morph/dial has it's default value set at 100%, it will not show up on currently used.

To fix any ill-behaving (non-zero default value) morphs, do as follows;

1. Open DS and load "Genesis 8.1 Basic Female" (to an empty scene)

2. Right Click at Parameters Tab->Preferences->Choose "Show Hidden Properties" (part 3 zeroes only 'visible' dials)

3. Right Click at Parameters Tab->Zero->Zero Figure (Zeroes the value of all the 'visible' dials)

4. Right Click at Parameters Tab->Memorize->Memorize Figure (Sets the current value of all the dials as their default value)

5. Edit->Save As->Support Asset->Save Modified Assets (Writes the changed default value to the morph files that were changed)

When saving "Modified Assets" DS shows a dialog and asks for confirmation;

"The following file(s) will be permanently modified:" - "Accept/Cancel" - Choose "Accept"

Thanks!  It seems to have worked; however, in your step 5. Edit->, there's no "Save As", so I assume you were meant 5. "File"->Save As....  is that correct? 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

bradassociates said:

Thanks!  It seems to have worked; however, in your step 5. Edit->, there's no "Save As", so I assume you were meant 5. "File"->Save As....  is that correct? 

That's correct