OpenGL (1.3 or 1.1)

Hi, Everyone !!

I've often researched issues on the forums but this is my first submission. For 5 weeks on 4.21, Daz has operated flawlessly. Today I clicked
on it to load and out of nowhere responded with:

"Daz Studio requires at least OpenGL version 1.3. This machine currently provides OpenGL version 1.1. Contact the video card provider to
obtain updated drivers or upgrade to an OpenGL 1.3 compatible graphics card."

My laptop is Windows 11 with Nvidia's GeForce 3060 installed with its latest driver, specifically 526.98, which unquestionably has OpenGL 1.3
embedded. In fact, just to be sure, I uninstalled Nvidia and downloaded 526.98 twice more. After restarting the computer, both times Daz
displayed the above response. Both times, I believe Nvidia did not install OpenGL 1.1. I then uninstalled Daz 4.21, re-installed it, and it
again displayed the above message.

Does anyone know why Daz 4.21 is not seeing OpenGL, or how to correct its disconnection, or where could possibly be beyond Nvidia provide
downloadable and superior access to OpenGL?

I hope the person who can solve this will certainly receive my effusive praise :-)

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387

Is that the only graphic card in your PC? For example it could have an integrated graphic card too.

• RtesianRtesian Posts: 9
    edited December 2022
    Hi, Leana!! Because of the laptop's limited space, Nvidia's GeForce 3060 is the only graphic card in the laptop. Thanks for dropping by :-)
    Post edited by Rtesian on
  • What CPU does it have? many laptops haev CPUs that also include an integrated GPU. Try right-click on the desktop>nVidia Control Panel, somewhere in there should be a configuration for which device to use for differnt application if you have both types of GPU - make sure DS iss et to use the nVidia.

• RtesianRtesian Posts: 9
    edited December 2022
    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/607051/opengl-1-3-or-1-1 Hi again, Leana !! I have returned to give you a bow and a tip of the cap. Deservedly so! And also Richard Haseltine, the forum's highly respected expert. Your question, Leana, included the word 'integrated'. Even though Daz had pointed directly at the system's graphic card, I had no doubt the installed Nvidia graphic card was as up-to-date as possible. What could have disrupted Daz 4.2.1? Enter Leana asking about an 'integrated' card! Every computer has a screen and the screen is powered by an integrated graphics card. I then uncovered a conflict, which Daz had done nothing to identify, was between Microsoft and Dell AMD's screen/graphics chipset. During Microsoft's frequent updates to Windows 11 had changed something to its Device drivers of the screen's Dell/AMD chipset. Daz came along, froze in place, and pointed to the graphics card. Because Leana hinted, I went to AMD's Driver and Support website and now I have the latest drivers re-installed and also its alert software to let me know if anything changes to the screen's drivers, specifically, the 'integrated' graphics card that powers the screen. It was Leana who rose above the general community and wondered, given Nvidia could not be at fault, guilt had to turn toward the screen's graphics card. She was spot on and her skill set was nothing less than ultimately astonishing. Richard, in her wake, put a shinier spotlight on the screen's graphic card. Thank you truly, Leana. Thank you for your time, Richard :-)
    Post edited by Rtesian on