Stupid I know, but how to pin my timeline back to the bottom side?

info_2259bb432ainfo_2259bb432a Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hello,
after installing DAZ 4.5 I' m not able to pin my timeline ( or other tabs) at the bottom side of DAZ. There does not come up the orange line to drop the tab. Is there any setting I have to do?

Thanks a lot
alex

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I just tried this myself, and I can't do it either. I have my usual Layout saved, so I was able to go back to it after clsing the tab, and trying to dock it again.

It may be a bug, but we can wait and see if anyone else can do it. Do you have a saved Layout that you can use? It is always a good idea to save the Layout when you have it the way you want it.

• info_2259bb432ainfo_2259bb432a Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hey,
    thanks for trying. No, I don't got an 'backup-layout'. Actually I 'don't know how to create this.

But, it could be, that I got an old scene, where it is ordered like the 'old way'. Could you please explain how to save layout?

Thank you

alex

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

When you have everything the way you want to keep it, go to Window > Workspace > Save Layout As (or use F4 shotcut key).

I have mine saved as JC_Layout_1 etc, not very descriptive I know. I also have one called Rigging Layout which I used for the tutorial by Blondie I think on how to rig the Gingerbread man. It is a very useful function, and if you ever mess up your layout, you can always revert back to the saved one.

• niccipbniccipb Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

I just tried this myself, and I can't do it either. I have my usual Layout saved, so I was able to go back to it after clsing the tab, and trying to dock it again.

It may be a bug, but we can wait and see if anyone else can do it. Do you have a saved Layout that you can use? It is always a good idea to save the Layout when you have it the way you want it.

I just tried it in 4.5 with both the DS timeline and Animate 2 and had no problems docking either one at the bottom. The orange line only appeared when the mouse was over the bar at the bottom of the screen.

• info_2259bb432ainfo_2259bb432a Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks,
    but all scenes I've got are opened in the 'new' layout. ;(

But, thanks to your hint I found a standard layout by DAZ( HollywoodBlvd) that got the animate and timeline at bottom. So, I can fit it to my needs and I got it.
    Thanks a lot. You safed my day ;)

alex