dForce Chelsea Coat for Genesis 8 broken?

I'm having trouble with dForce Chelsea Coat for Genesis 8 that I just purchased.

The options to change fur color do not appear to be working as no matter which color I select, the fur remains black (I've selected every part, including surfaces, nothing makes a difference). Also the option to show the coat open doesn't work.

I'm on NVIDIA Game driver 526.98.

Comments

• KeikuKeiku Posts: 143

Ok. It looks like the fur will not show the color in IRAY preview, but will when rendered.

However, the issue of the coat being unable to open still remains.

• You have to run a dforce simulation probably.

edited November 2022

zombietaggerung said:

You have to run a dforce simulation probably.

Running a simulation, it still sticks closed at the breast area.

I've attached an example of what is happening.

ProblemRender.jpg
    641 x 913 - 78K
    Post edited by Keiku on
  • Well, I don't own this but according to the product page there is something called: "Coat Fastener Open/Closed". So is there a preset to remove/disable some coat fastener so that it will fall open?

zombietaggerung said:

Well, I don't own this but according to the product page there is something called: "Coat Fastener Open/Closed". So is there a preset to remove/disable some coat fastener so that it will fall open?

Yes you are supposed to select the Fastener part of the coat and click that preset. However it doesn't seem to do anything.

• felisfelis Posts: 4,191

Keiku said:

zombietaggerung said:

Well, I don't own this but according to the product page there is something called: "Coat Fastener Open/Closed". So is there a preset to remove/disable some coat fastener so that it will fall open?

Yes you are supposed to select the Fastener part of the coat and click that preset. However it doesn't seem to do anything.

I don't have that product, but the change could be it removes / adds dForce add-ons, and that will only be visible when simulated. 

• Is it a little prop that can be deleted? Perhaps parented to the chest bone of the coat?

I could try reinstalling it. But I did run the simulation multiple times from different poses, it still sticks together.

• Well, I hope you figure it out. I'm sorry I can't help more.

zombietaggerung said:

Well, I hope you figure it out. I'm sorry I can't help more.

Thank you for trying.

edited November 2022

Reinstalled the product. Still not working properly. I've looked over all the parameters multiple times and do not see anything that looks wrong.

Post edited by Keiku on