I’m sometimes getting black eyes with some figures

crashworshipcrashworship Posts: 208

This is random and happens once in a while. The eyes are black in the sample iRay renders and in the final renders. I rarely use stock characters preferring instead to load a generic Genesis figure and then apply shapes and materials after the fact. I've noticed that, more often then not, the black eye problem happens with 8.1 figures and materials, but not always. I can sometimes correct this partially by bringing the refraction amount down in the surfaces pane, This might improve the problem but doesn't fully correct it. I'm writing this in my iPad so I don't have access to any sample images to attach. I'm wondering if other users are having this issue. I'm doubtful that this is happening in a vacuum. 

Post edited by crashworship on

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,674
    edited November 2022

There are two things to fix this I think - the first is to move the character to world origin. Then there is a setting you can change somewhere but I can't remember what it is off the top of my head :/

EDIT: It's Render Settings / Optimisation / Instance Optimization - I believe you have to switch it from Auto or Speed to Memory.

Post edited by SofaCitizen on
  • SofaCitizen said:

There are two things to fix this I think - the first is to move the character to world origin. Then there is a setting you can change somewhere but I can't remember what it is off the top of my head :/

EDIT: It's Render Settings / Optimisation / Instance Optimization - I believe you have to switch it from Auto or Speed to Memory.

Okay, I'll give it a try the next time it pops up. Again, it's random. I almost never move my characters away from world origin, preferring instead to move scene props to where the figures are, like dragging and positioning a building to the place where I want the character/s to render. My characters almost always stay at of very near world origin.But I will take a look at my render optimization settings. I, again, am not near where I use Studio so I can't check this right now but I believe I have it set on memory. 

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,820

SofaCitizen said:

This is it. In my experience you just have to switch from any one of those to any of the other two. You can then even switch it right back to what it was before. That usually solves it for me.

• Okay, I'll try that the next time I get this issue. Like I said, it's random. But thanks for the responses.

• neweliesnewelies Posts: 18

This worked for me, I know its an old thread but whoever has the issue that worked haha