WF Dalila Hair issue

Hi everybody!

I've bought WF Dalila Hair https://www.daz3d.com/dalila-hair-for-genesis-8-and-81-female, and when I put it in one of my characters occurs a deformation, something like a courve in the left and the right side. In other character it just work fine. The character I have testes and the broblem occus is Brielle, from Marcius & Cherubit.

The hair was suposed to be something like this:

But after load it, these curves apears:

Is there any way to solve that?

no curve.jpeg
curved hair.jpeg
Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Morphs that are not in the hair to start with are projected into it, going by the change to the nearest bit of the base figure (or thereabouts). If the ehad is being scaled erlative to the body then you will gte that kind of effect. A Smoothing Modifier (set to Generic for Shape matching) may help, or you may be able to use a dForm (possibly with a weight map to control its area of effect).

• Richard Haseltine said:

Morphs that are not in the hair to start with are projected into it, going by the change to the nearest bit of the base figure (or thereabouts). If the ehad is being scaled erlative to the body then you will gte that kind of effect. A Smoothing Modifier (set to Generic for Shape matching) may help, or you may be able to use a dForm (possibly with a weight map to control its area of effect).

Hi Richard,

I believe the head is being scaled relative to the body as you've mentioned. I don't understando much advanced settings on Daz Studio. Where can I see and modify these properties (smoothing modifier)?
    They are in "parameters" tab by selecting the hair or part of the hair?

Thank you again!

• If there is already a Mesh Smoothing (not Mesh Resolution) group in the Parameters pane with the hair selected then it has one, just experiment with the Smoothing Type setting. If not, with the hair selected go to Edit>Figue>Geometry>Add Smoothing Modifier first.

• Richard Haseltine said:

If there is already a Mesh Smoothing (not Mesh Resolution) group in the Parameters pane with the hair selected then it has one, just experiment with the Smoothing Type setting. If not, with the hair selected go to Edit>Figue>Geometry>Add Smoothing Modifier first.

Hi Richard,

I tried to do it the way you explained, edited the figure and added one "Smoothing Modifier"... so I switched the parameter "Smoothing type" value to "Generic" but nothing happened.

003.jpeg
    2462 x 1796 - 416K
  • felisfelis Posts: 4,190

You should try to set smoothing type to 'base shape'.

• felis said:

You should try to set smoothing type to 'base shape'.

Hi Felis!

Yes, I tried both values, it doesn't change much and the issue is still there.

Set to "Generic":

Set to "Base":

004.jpeg
    2510 x 1738 - 412K
    005.jpeg
    2590 x 1770 - 418K

I would try to up number of smoothing iterations to 5-10, and see if that helps.

Viewport will get a little slower, so don't go to high.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,873

Try parenting it to the figure instead of using Autofit. 

• edited November 2022

I tried applying all the suggestions you gave me, but none of them worked. If you have any more ideas to test, I'm open to more suggestions.

Post edited by juliano.cruz_97bea1265e on
  • G3RenderworksG3Renderworks Posts: 74
    edited February 2023

I figured it out. Parameters>Fit to>None

This will unparent the hair from the figure but just drag it back on in the scene tab and will retain the correct shape.

Edit: Nevermind, this only works for the starting pose.

@WindField Can you help?

Post edited by G3Renderworks on

Do as Taoz suggested. Unfit the hair and parent it to the head.

• felis said:

Do as Taoz suggested. Unfit the hair and parent it to the head.

I did that but ran into the problem where it wouldn't move when I changed the figure pose. I just tried parenting to the head instead and that seems to be working when I change poses. This is the only hair item that I've had trouble with. 

Not sure I understand.

Parenting hair to the head is a kind of standard method, when autofit misbehaves. And then the hair should not be fitted to the character.

And are you still having problems?

• felis said:

Not sure I understand.

Parenting hair to the head is a kind of standard method, when autofit misbehaves. And then the hair should not be fitted to the character.

And are you still having problems?

Sorry I got mixed up because the other person said parent to the figure and you said parent to the head. So yes, parenting to the head does seem to work. 

@juliano.cruz_97bea1265e try that suggestion if you are still having trouble. 

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,187
    edited February 2023

Normally the figure's head morph (FHM) will be triggered in the conformed hair by Auto Follow. Setting the auto-generated FHM... back to 0 (or a lower value) in the hair's hidden properties will be fine in most cases.

Parenting the hair to figure's head is not a good method esp. for such a long hair as the 'unconformed hair' will have no JCM projected when you change figure's head/neck poses. The hair will penetrate into the body even if you give it a high smoothing iteration + collision...

Post edited by crosswind on

crosswind said:

Normally the figure's head morph (FHM) will be triggered in the conformed hair by Auto Follow. Setting the auto-generated FHM... back to 0 (or a lower value) in the hair's hidden properties will be fine in most cases.

Parenting the hair to figure's head is not a good method esp. for such a long hair as the 'unconformed hair' will have no JCM projected when you change figure's head/neck poses. The hair will penetrate into the body even if you give it a high smoothing iteration + collision...

On the other hand. Long hair often have custom bones, and these will be removed as part of the autofit process.

I have seldomly have issues with parenting instead of autofit, it just requires a bit more wotk from the user, but often a better solution. 

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,187
    edited February 2023

felis said:

crosswind said:

On the other hand. Long hair often have custom bones, and these will be removed as part of the autofit process.

I have seldomly have issues with parenting instead of autofit, it just requires a bit more wotk from the user, but often a better solution. 

It depends on users' preference and understanding of all these mechanism.. Besides, this case is not a 'auto-fit' which will remove bones weight, at least for this Dalila Hair. Totally different~ I myself never use the way of parenting... If only a parenting can work in all ways, most of PAs would not spent time on making hairs well conformed plus JCMs modifications...

Post edited by crosswind on
  • Moved to Technical Help as it is a thread about content rather than the Daz Studio application.