More resources

Hi guys,

So recently I have upgrade my machine to be able to work better in Daz. The new machine is an i9 with 2x3090 and 128GB yet while in viewport I don't see a big difference than on my old machine, so I thought that maybe the scene is really big but then I looked in the Task Manager and the CPU is used 5%, the RAM is around 20% and the GPU somewhere below 15%. 
I'm not sure what could be the problem. Is there a way to let Daz use more resources?

Also while rendering if I check the Task Manager, only one GPU looks like it's used, even though in the advanced tab of the render settings I have both GPUs selected. 

Does any of you know what might know how to solve these problems?

Bests

Comments

• A lot of the core functions of Daz Studio do not lend themselves to mutli-threading, so the relative low CPU use is expected. You could check the prefomance setings in Edit>Preferences>Interface.

Where are you checking in Task Manager? Its default is not reliable on GPU usage, but if you are going to the Performance tab and setting one of the graphs to Cuda or Compute_) that should be accurate for that GPU. You might also try GPUZ.

• Richard Haseltine said:

A lot of the core functions of Daz Studio do not lend themselves to mutli-threading, so the relative low CPU use is expected. You could check the prefomance setings in Edit>Preferences>Interface.

Where are you checking in Task Manager? Its default is not reliable on GPU usage, but if you are going to the Performance tab and setting one of the graphs to Cuda or Compute_) that should be accurate for that GPU. You might also try GPUZ.

In the Edit>Preferences>Interface I have disabled everything aparat from Tool Tips and Multi-Threading. The Display Optimization is set to Best, textures Resources to lowest (Performance over Quality) and Pixel Buffer also to the lowest (512). This seemed to be the best way to improve the viewport, but I have hoped to improve it even more and use more resources.

As for Task Manager I've been looking at the Performance tab and one GPU was at 90% or so while the other was at 0%, but I will try with GPUZ also.