Does Fluidos II still work with the latest version of Daz Studio?

RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,283

I am reading that Fluidos II uses VDBs. This is confusing, I assume previous use of VDBs before Daz Studio version 4.20 required outside resources to be installed on the PC.

I am wondering about compatibility now.

It appears that Fluidos II allows for animation of VDBs (Please correct me if I am wrong.)

Though Daz does not have animation of VDBs, Fluidos II brings this VDB animation into Daz.

It would also seem that Fluidos II is a means with which to make your own VDBs as well.  

And then there is the smoke, fire and liquid "materials".

It seems that temperature can be added to the VDBs and this can be correlated to material color varying over time?

Thus this might indicate that VDBs can be colorized through this means.  

Are my assumptions correct here?

I am just starting to study Fluidos II and it gives Daz Studio some very far reaching abilities.

It seems that Fluidos II goes way beyond the VDB capability of Daz Studio's VDB functionality currently.

I am wondering about things like making hair slowly turn into a fluid or having a wall melt or dissolve gradually into smoke.

These are not (or perhaps they are) groundbreaking scenes of detail they are surely simple studies in how physical things work.

But Fluidos II goes far beyond even Dforce it seems...

Post edited by RexRed on

Comments

• AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,411

RexRed said:

I am reading that Fluidos II uses VDBs. This is confusing, I assume previous use of VDBs before Daz Studio version 4.20 required outside resources to be installed on the PC.

I am wondering about compatibility now.

Yes, Fluidos II works fine with the latest version of Daz Studio.

RexRed said:

It appears that Fluidos II allows for animation of VDBs (Please correct me if I am wrong.)

Though Daz does not have animation of VDBs, Fluidos II brings this VDB animation into Daz.

Yes, Fluidos II animates the VDBs generated by it. And can animate externally created VDBs if the names are adjusted. On the other hand, Abas can also animate VDBs (it doesn't create them).

RexRed said:

It would also seem that Fluidos II is a means with which to make your own VDBs as well.  

And then there is the smoke, fire and liquid "materials".

Yes. Fluidos II can create VDBs for its simulation of liquids, fire and smoke.

RexRed said:

It seems that temperature can be added to the VDBs and this can be correlated to material color varying over time?

Thus this might indicate that VDBs can be colorized through this means.  

Are my assumptions correct here?

The temperature is generated by Fluidos II fire simulation, but it cannot be manually changed. By now, the temperature can be correlated with color in particle meshing type using a map (that can be modified if you wish), but not with VDB meshing yet

RexRed said:

I am wondering about things like making hair slowly turn into a fluid or having a wall melt or dissolve gradually into smoke.

These are not (or perhaps they are) groundbreaking scenes of detail they are surely simple studies in how physical things work.

To get any object to be transformed into a fluid (including smoke), it needs to have a closed mesh geometry (to have volume). For example, a cube can be transformed into fluid, but a plane primitive cannot unless it is thickened (Fluidos Companion can thicken thin terrains and Thickener can thicken any geometric object) 

• RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,283
    edited November 2022

WOW Alberto, thanks for the awesome help here! I am really impressed by Fluidos II.

I am halfway through studying the manual and I am very excited to begin testing out the examples!

I am a bit thrown by how the size of the domain can change the strength of the parameters.

But with practice it might become clear the right amounts to use.

I also have Abas. I will be making YouTube videos of me making stuff with Fluidos II, Abas and the new Physics Simulator.

The Fluidos manual is quite well written and something I can grasp.

When it comes to the math part, like linear math, 5 to 6 times 10, that part threw me for a loop.

But I will try and figure that out too.

I would like to be able to illuminate VDBs as variable color emissive that are animatable. Will that be added to Fluidos? Colored emissive VDBs are perhaps the biggest draw to me and the ability to turn shapes into VDBs is also fantastic! I don't really like planting lights in my VDBs to light them. I really like the faucet and sink concepts as well. They do exactly what they are implied to do, and the repel and attract stuff is great as well as the bubbles, foam and spray! 

I need to see if the Nvidia assets are installed on my PC that are mentioned at the front of the manual.

Whether the Nvidia Studio version comes with the assets needed to run Fluidos or if I need another thing installed to make it work right, I will investigate that.  

I don't need to uninstall Fluidos 1.3 because I only have Fluidos II.

I am really excited to get Fluidos II up and running in online YouTube videos.

I want to learn it very thoroughly.

I am in the middle of a 4day animation render right now or I would be online testing the examples now.

Best to you!

I have purchased the products, Fisio: Physics Simulator, ABAS: Animated Shaders System, Thickener Plug-In, Gescon: Constructive Solid Geometry for Daz Studio, FLUIDOS II for Daz Studio

Post edited by RexRed on
  • AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,411

RexRed said:

WOW Alberto, thanks for the awesome help here! I am really impressed by Fluidos II.

I am halfway through studying the manual and I am very excited to begin testing out the examples!

I am a bit thrown by how the size of the domain can change the strength of the parameters.

But with practice it might become clear the right amounts to use.

I also have Abas. I will be making YouTube videos of me making stuff with Fluidos II, Abas and the new Physics Simulator.

The Fluidos manual is quite well written and something I can grasp.

When it comes to the math part, like linear math, 5 to 6 times 10, that part threw me for a loop.

But I will try and figure that out too.

I would like to be able to illuminate VDBs as variable color emissive that are animatable. Will that be added to Fluidos? Colored emissive VDBs are perhaps the biggest draw to me and the ability to turn shapes into VDBs is also fantastic! I don't really like planting lights in my VDBs to light them. I really like the faucet and sink concepts as well. They do exactly what they are implied to do, and the repel and attract stuff is great as well as the bubbles, foam and spray! 

I need to see if the Nvidia assets are installed on my PC that are mentioned at the front of the manual.

Whether the Nvidia Studio version comes with the assets needed to run Fluidos or if I need another thing installed to make it work right, I will investigate that.  

I don't need to uninstall Fluidos 1.3 because I only have Fluidos II.

I am really excited to get Fluidos II up and running in online YouTube videos.

I want to learn it very thoroughly.

I am in the middle of a 4day animation render right now or I would be online testing the examples now.

Best to you!

I have purchased the products, Fisio: Physics Simulator, ABAS: Animated Shaders System, Thickener Plug-In, Gescon: Constructive Solid Geometry for Daz Studio, FLUIDOS II for Daz Studio

Thank you, RexRed!