Render details log screen goes off screen +others

lorddayradonlorddayradon Posts: 446

So each and every time I do a render in the current version of DS, the render details window (where it lists what it is doing, iterations, etc.) opens in a floating window.  Each time it opens, it appears to be impacted by the windows 10 cascade style of opening.  So each time it opens it's shifted down and to the right a bit.  No big issue with stills, as I just drag it to a better position beside the render 'new window' image.

When I set it to image series with 599 frames, eventually it works its self off screen completely (about 15 frames). this is mainly because at the start of a render, as it is loading various modules to start the render, certain modules force it to cascade 3-4x for each individual frame

I can not click the cancel button.  using the Rclick taskbar and the various cascade/tile/side-by-side options, arranges all windows on a per screen basis... so the Daz main window obey's, but the details window is still gone.  I've tried every trick in the book,even windows key+ arrow doesn't worke, or Rclick app 'move'  only impacts the main daz window and not the details screen (I think this because the taskbar app icon for daz only represents the main window, and details screen isn't shown as a sub window like some more sophisticated apps do).

So how do I get it back on screen in the middle of an image series so I can click cancel, or just review the current iterations for the current frame?

Why is this window not locked to Daz workspace? I even tried to drag into a grouped pain like parameters/surfaces, but no... it's not allowed to do that.

I can understand the ability to have free floating panes/sub windows, I use it for my scene pane which is on a completely different monitor. but I have the option to dock it, and it never moves unless I move it.

The  save window, render details window, and I'm fairly confident if memory serves me, even the opening window, (that has to clear and delete an empty scene - lord knows why) all exhibit this behaviour, and none of them are dockable, or able to be locked in place.

Suggestions?

Post edited by lorddayradon on

Comments