[SOLVED] {kinda} Eyeball/Inner Mouth Morphs affecting Body Vertices

TamunaTamuna Posts: 82

Edit: After much brainstorming I've discovered that I have nothing to do with it. It's just something Daz Studio does, the same happens for other morph products on the market. So... it's solved as in, it's not solvable, but it causes no problems. If you're struggling with the same problem, just leave it.

In short: custom morphs made for Genesis 9 eyeballs have some effect on the body geometry as well, as discovered after using "Select Morph Vertices". And I can't remove them. Nor do I have any idea how this is possible.

Here's a breakdown of what's happening.

1. I zero the eyeballs and change the resolution from High to Base (I do the same with the body as well);
  2. I export the eyeballs (and eyeballs alone);
  3. I import them to Blender and move the necessary vertices around;
  4. I export the Eyeballs, back in Daz Studio I have Genesis 9 Eyes selected in the scene (still zeroed and base res) and I load them through Morph Loader Pro;
  5. Genesis 9 Eyes still selected I navigate to the new morph (Actor/Head/Face/Eyes/myCustomDirectoryName) in the Parameters tab;
  6. Now I click on Genesis 9 in the scene, switching to the body geometry itself and still see the same morph in the same directory on this geometry.
  7. Now I right click on the morph (in Edit Mode of course) and choose "Select Morph Vertices". And it selects some random vertices on the body. I have no idea why or how it's even possible. I know it's not supposed to be happening.

I try the good old "Heart the Morph>Double Click>Morph Editing>Clear Selected Deltas from Favorites", Daz Studio tells me I need to select the geometry on which this morph is located, aka Genesis 9 Eyes, instead of Genesis 9, otherwise it doesn't work. But when I select Genesis 9 Eyes, then the vertices selected on Genesis 9 geometry are not affected at all.

Another interesting fact is that I CAN see this morph while I have Genesis 9 selected, even though it belongs to Genesis 9 Eyes. I can't do the same with the morphs I haven't made myself, like the Head Shapes from Daz itself. As soon as I go to Genesis 9, the morphs for the eyeballs simply disappear from Parameters tab, and I have no idea what causes this difference. Whatever tutorials I learnt creating morphs from, didn't teach me this. Is anyone here who can/is willing to?

Post edited by Tamuna on

Comments

• TamunaTamuna Posts: 82

I've performed a little test today, I tried creating morphs for Genesis 8.1's tearline, to see if it would affect the main body geometry. And yes, the same thing happened as with G9. I'm sorry I'm slow on providing details, but I'm down with a nasty virus and taking things slow (not that I have much of a choice). Maybe by the time I've recovered, I'll have an answer? crying

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,851

Have you submitted a help request? You are a PA, have you contacted PA support?

• TamunaTamuna Posts: 82

barbult said:

Have you submitted a help request? You are a PA, have you contacted PA support?

I haven't, as I still don't know whether this is simply a mistake I make somewhere along the line, or something on Daz' side.