Viewport renderer immediately shutdowns my PC when changing any properties

toxicmoon21toxicmoon21 Posts: 0

Hello, I'm having a very hard time trying to get Daz Studio running.

I have a fresh installation of the Daz Studio (4.21.0.5). My Windows 11 immediately shuts down each time I:

1. open DazStudio
  2. add Genesis 8.1 Male figure
  3. try to move/rotate/scale (with gizmos or by entering precise values with the sliders)

What is really interesting is that it doesn't occur when I'm using Nvidia Iray preview or when the figure is out of view. I simply rotated the camera so that it isn't within view and it didn't cause a shutdown even on the Texture Shaded mode. Note that I'm talking about the preview and not about a render.

I'm getting Kernel-Power (41) message in the Event Viewer and that's all. No BSOD, just an immediate shudown. No memory dumps in C:\Windows nor C:\Windows\Minidumps. I also noticed NUL characters are sometimes appended to the log.txt (AppData -> Daz folder) file in the moments just before the shutdown.

My specs:

• 32 GB DDR4 RAM
  • MSI B450M MORTAR
  • Ryzen 9 5900X
  • RTX 3080 Ti (drivers: Game Ready 522.25)
  • Thermaltake Toughpower GF 850W PSU
  • Running on an SSD

I've ruled out most of the common possibilities:

• all PC temps are normal, running close to or below 70 degrees C
  • RAM, CPU and GPU usage stays low

I can easily play hours of very CPU and GPU intensive games without a crash. I can run other software (like Blender, Unreal Engine 5) for hours and do not experience any crashes or BSODs. I even put my PC through OCCT stress tests and it was ok.

I'm not sure what to do next. Everything seems to run perfectly but following the steps above causes an instant shutdown.

Please help.

Edit:

• I installed older Nvidia WHQL drivers (526.98) but nothing changed.

Post edited by toxicmoon21 on