Add Key Frame disabled

lorddayradonlorddayradon Posts: 446

I have two Gen8M models where I've hidden body parts and am unable to key frame them. Auto key frame doesn't trigger when I change a pose, so doing that and putting it back is off the table.  Further none of their clothes/hair etc, they are wearing can have key frames created either.

If I unhide everything, make the poses changes and key frame them, if I then start to hide things again for the render series, is it going to wipe out all the keyframes and changes?

Should I rather change their surface cutouts to 0, (but I think I read somewhere that the surface shader for them still affect other items in the scene, like shadows and other stuff I believe)?

edit:  I just noticed that neither of them show up in the timeline under name. I'm unhiding the body parts to see if they appear, but it means that likely once I hide them again they will disappear from the list and wipe out my changes

edit2:   I've unhid eveything on one of the characters, and it is still not able to key frame it. Something else going on here.

edit 3  both the characters are in their own seperate parent container group.  I duplicated one of the characters, the parent container appeared in the time line with the duplicate character below, the duplicate is now keyframeable, the original is still not showing.

edit4:

Interestingly, the duplicate character appeared with not only a key frame at 0, but at 30 as well.  I suspect this because on the original that has the add key frame disabled, I pressed it anyway to see what would happen (which nothing appeared to) but the duplicate character loaded with that frame already keyed?  Something wierd with this DazStudio.

edit5:  duplicating the second character without unhiding everything had the same effect, it appeared in the timeline as expected, with all parts still hidden, and is keyframeable,  I don't have the added key frame at 30 for this one, as I never tried to push button even though it was greyed out on the original.

Post edited by lorddayradon on

Comments

• This issue still occurs as of this comment (Sept 10th 2023 12:47 am EST)

I can load a scene for example that has some dForce pillows, none of them will show on the timeline

Duplicating them, the duplicates appear on the timeline with all key frames set as per the originals were and then the file saved.

Randomly even new saves, can sometimes exhibit this behavior, props, characters, whatever, and it seems the only fix is to duplicate, then delete the original.