Fireflies after upgrade to 4.21

plaul2002plaul2002 Posts: 127

I recently "upgraded" from 4.16 to 4.21 and I am getting fireflies all over the place.  I used to make my own ghost lights before but I found that was broke.  So I found directions on how to fix the broke ghost ligths but I was still getting fireflies.  I bought the updated Ghost lights in Daz and STILL get fireflies.  

All my rendering setting are on default aside form max samples, time and completness which are set huge #, huge # and 99%.

Please help!  Pulling my hairout!

Post edited by plaul2002 on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,316
    edited November 2022

Ghost Lights fixed by upping the luminosity may well show in reflections, which may well be your fireflies. Do they go if you make the affected surfaces non-glossy?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Richard Haseltine said:

Ghost Lights fixed by upping the luminosity may well show in reflections, which may well be your fireflies. Do they go if you make the affected surfaces non-glossy?

Hey Richard,

I've attached some screen shots to reflect my issue.  No pun intended. Are ghost lights so broke now you can't leave them in the frame of a render or you get fireflies?  

Thanks   

Screenshot Fireflies.png
    1118 x 476 - 1002K
    Screenshot Fireflies2.png
    1062 x 509 - 728K
    Screenshot Fireflies4.png
    366 x 770 - 62K
    Screenshot Fireflies3.png
    361 x 768 - 65K
  • plaul2002plaul2002 Posts: 127
    edited November 2022

And here is the same image if I move the Ravenloor ghost lights out of frame.  So basically ghost lights are broke.  What a waste.  Compelte waste.  Ghost lights is something EVERYONE uses and volumetric lighting...anyone?  I've never found myself wishing for volumetric lighting in the eight years using Daz and thousands spent.  This is just a classic exanmple of someone somewhere not knowing how their customers use their product and its super frustrating.  I just can't even right now....

I hope for a fix but know it isn't goign to happen.  So now I have to interurpt my work flow to come up with a new way to light my scenes.  And that's not to even mention the doubling of rendering times since my "upgrade". 

Screenshot Fireflies5.png
    1515 x 715 - 2M
  • plaul2002plaul2002 Posts: 127
    edited November 2022

Is there somewthing here I am suppose to be working with?  doesn't appear to solve the issue.  Only seems to flattenthe image.

Screenshot6.png
    289 x 162 - 10K
    Screenshot7.png
    1420 x 693 - 2M
  • plaul2002 said:

Is there somewthing here I am suppose to be working with?  doesn't appear to solve the issue.  Only seems to flattenthe image.

You will not get rid off these white sparcles because these are no fireflies but artifacts of the hidden light geometry.

Maybe you should learn to light your scene in a physically correct way, instead of using those ghost lights with an physically illegal behaviour. Or can you light your room at home with a light bulb that is invisible? Surely not.