Geometry Editor: Polygon Selection stopped

From Blender I am used to being able to deselect a wrongly selected polygon etc. via Undo.

Expeted: Undo deselects the last selected polygon.

Status quo: selecting poligons after CTRL+Z does not work at all anymore.

Solution: delete the whole model and start over.

Version: 4.21.0.5
Selection Type: Polygon
Selection Mode: Drag

~

Is this a bug or is it supposed to be?

Comments

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited November 2022

?? Never had such an issue. I'm afraid it's more of a mishandling or misunderstanding of the tool on your part ?

Left+Click

select

Ctrl+Left Click

adds to selection

Alt+Left Click

removes from selection

Ctrl+  + (Numpad)

grows selection

Ctrl+  - (Numpad)

reduces selection

Ctrl+  *(Numpad)

select all connected geometry

Ctrl+  / (Numpad)

inverts current selection

Ctrl+  Z

undo last selection

Ctrl+  Y  (I changed that to Ctrl+Shift+Z)

redo last cancelled action

That's all I can think about right now. There might be more shortcuts and you can make your own anyway.

Right click gives you tons of options on your selection (Create face group, assign to surface group, etc.)

It's indeed an ultra old Daz bug that's never been fixed  (╬ Ò﹏Ó) . There has always been other similar issues in Daz when it comes to select things. Happens in more or less all menus where you can multi-select something.

Solution for the geometry editor tool : Select anything else in the Scene Tab. Then Select back the object you were working on. Your already selected polygons will still be there and you'll be able to continue from where you were.

Geometry editor is very handy and works fine. Just don't expect a Zmodeler brush or a mini-Blender from it.

Post edited by hansolocambo on
  • algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,591

xu.pr.tn said:

From Blender I am used to being able to deselect a wrongly selected polygon etc. via Undo.

Expeted: Undo deselects the last selected polygon.

Status quo: selecting poligons after CTRL+Z does not work at all anymore.

Solution: delete the whole model and start over.

Version: 4.21.0.5
    Selection Type: Polygon
    Selection Mode: Drag

~

It's not just you. I run into similar problems where I just can't select faces with the geometry tool anymore all the sudden. It's not user error - it shouldn't be happening.

What works for me to get things working again is to delete the node and then undo that deletion. This usually brings back the ability to select faces again without having to start over having lost your selection.

HTH.

- Greg

PS: Personally, I believe it may have to do with how DS handles mouse/keyboard messages, and the fact that the same thread processing the I/O messages is also doing "work". There are definite signs of similar problems with selection in the Scene Pane because messages have been missed/queued/dropped, etc.

• xu.pr.tnxu.pr.tn Posts: 1
    edited November 2022

Thank you very much for the answers. I had this problem a few times in the last few hours.

As I'm typing here, I hear an »Oh!« in the background from SickleYield commenting a similar UX problem (@2:55):

Then I guess the only thing left to wish for is that DAZ still manages to fix all the bug.

Post edited by xu.pr.tn on