Recommended specs for iray

I'm looking for a new desktop, since the old one couldn't handle iray very well I want to be sure the new one can.

Can anyone tell me the recommended specs for reasonably quick iray renders please?  Or at least minimum specs?

Thank you.

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Minimum 32GB's of RAM and minimum 8GB's of VRAM on Nvidia RTX GPU.
    A 12GB RTX 3060 is pretty good, an RTX 3080 is better but also quite a lot more expensive, don't fall for RTX 3070/3070 Ti

The rest doesn't matter that much.

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited November 2022

How much can you spend for it ? Do you plan to get a laptop or a desktop ? You gotta be precise or it's basically impossible to answer, some people can put $800 into a PC, others may put $20,000.

My advice : Intel i9 of a generation released less than a year ago, RTX 3090 24GB VRAM (best value for money for an "average" priced PC), DDR5 Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Water Cooling for CPU, 1000W Power Supply, Small SSD (256 or 500GB) for the boot drive, 1 or 2TB SSD for the Daz Library drive. The rest is up to you. This config should cost about 3200$.

Post edited by hansolocambo on
  • hermun81hermun81 Posts: 101

Thanks.  Does anyone know if there's much difference between windows 10 and 11?  Will Daz run well on either?

• hermun81hermun81 Posts: 101

hansolocambo said:

How much can you spend for it ? Do you plan to get a laptop or a desktop ?

Desktop, and up to 2500