Let's appreciate/discuss today's new releases - ongoing thread

Comments

• mdingmding Posts: 1,172

@memcneil70: the only easel i own is from https://www.daz3d.com/hobby-props-art-supplies which i could adapt a bit, but the decorative band won't be easy, at least i couldn't find sth. suitable at daz (maybe a dforce scarf with silk shader). With the wreaths i am also not so convinced, did you have one in mind? The arrangements for the grave might be easier, but still, the decorative bands i would most certainly have to model and/ or dforce. But you are right, maybe it is time to become a bit more active. Thanks, Mary!

• Blando CalrissianBlando Calrissian Posts: 482
    edited June 15

A Titanic for a couple of bucks? Sure, I can tinker with that.

Should be easy enough to light things up with some point lights and spotlights.

Funnel color needed tweaking as it was too yellow.

Overall though, nice work and a handy model to pair with the Grand Staircase.

Titanic at sunset

Titanic sinking

Titanic Sunset.png
    1315 x 900 - 2M
    Titanic Sink.png
    1422 x 800 - 611K
    Post edited by Blando Calrissian on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,436

Blando Calrissian said:

A Titanic for a couple of bucks? Sure, I can tinker with that.

Should be easy enough to light things up with some point lights and spotlights.

Funnel color needed tweaking as it was too yellow.

Overall though, nice work and a handy model to pair with the Grand Staircase.

Titanic at sunset

Titanic sinking

That's nice! Now we need an iceberg.

• I'm curious about PhotoPrep as I quite like the idea of a local classic-Art-Breeder type app.

The core part of the app may be interesting too. I've a convoluted FT2 workflow that involves gnerating a few morphs and importing each of them twice onto new figures mirrored +X to -X and -X to +X, and exporting the result of each as a full morph. I then import them all onto a single figure and blend them using a weight-mapping plugin I created. It allows me to use reference images that are greatly rotated and has been giving me great results, but it doesn't half take a lot of time! I wonder if this app would speed up my process. Less interested in the texturing element as I don't use FT2 textures at all, but it seems like this may be a quicker route to getting the starting mesh I want. Can see this potentially replicating my workflow to use one FT2 generation step rather than 3+, and it seems like it should be useful for others who don't have a process around rotated reference images.

Tempted to try it out!

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,289
    edited June 17

I do like the sculpt in Raiya's Dana (https://www.daz3d.com/ry-dana-hd-for-genesis-9) If I have a tiny complaint then it's a small one, the skin tone is very even. I know my skin has blemishes & shading & it seems slightly odd that the promo's don't show much. However, I like.

Regards,

Richard

Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,436

richardandtracy said:

I do like the sculpt in Raiya's Dana (https://www.daz3d.com/ry-dana-hd-for-genesis-9) If I have a tiny complaint then it's a small one, the shin tone is very even. I know my skin has blemishes & shading & it seems slightly odd that the promo's don't show much. However, I like.

Regards,

Richard

Did you mean skin tone instead of shin tone?

Yes, I did: corrected. Mea Culpa.

Regards,

Richard

• nolo215nolo215 Posts: 2

There was no bundle this thursday and there were not a bundle in May too right? (those beefy special ones like with a Daz Original and high quality promos) 

Is it me or the shop is a bit "dry" compared to 2022-2023?:(

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,191

nolo215 said:

There was no bundle this thursday and there were not a bundle in May too right? (those beefy special ones like with a Daz Original and high quality promos)

Not sure what kind of bundles you're speaking of but there were 3 pro bundles released in May (Tabitha, Zahara and Harlow) 

• Write IdeaWrite Idea Posts: 293

The PT Modern Apartment is an instant buy! Clean, sophisticated, yet very timeless.

Furniture is very Scandinavian minimalism and the kitchen is definately 1970s retro chic.

@petipet, please tell me there is more to this collection! A second floor is a definite by for me.

• PetipetPetipet Posts: 106
    edited June 18

Write Idea said:

The PT Modern Apartment is an instant buy! Clean, sophisticated, yet very timeless.

Furniture is very Scandinavian minimalism and the kitchen is definately 1970s retro chic.

@petipet, please tell me there is more to this collection! A second floor is a definite by for me.

Hi.
    I made props for this product, they will probably appear in the store soon.
    Genesis 9 poses have also been made for this room and props, they will also be available in the shop over time a little later.
    Thanks.

Post edited by Petipet on
  • ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,593

How appropriate. Gothic Lace Shaders with a pentagram, with a sku ending in 666 cheeky. Seriously, a very useful DAZ+ free Item.  If you are not DAZ+ you purchase something then they are free for non-members too.

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,140

ArtAngel said:

How appropriate. Gothic Lace Shaders with a pentagram, with a sku ending in 666 cheeky. Seriously, a very useful DAZ+ free Item.  If you are not DAZ+ you purchase something then they are free for non-members too.

I love Digital Delirium shaders, so to get one as a freebie is a delight, especially after a stream of endless this-or-that-rooms and corridors and pools that felt indistinguishable.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,801
    edited June 18

ArtAngel said:

Repping for the beast! Throw up them sixes, people!

还记得任达华女儿任晴佳吗?被赞最美星二代? -6parknews.com

Post edited by xyer0 on
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,547

joanna said:

ArtAngel said:

I love Digital Delirium shaders, so to get one as a freebie is a delight, especially after a stream of endless this-or-that-rooms and corridors and pools that felt indistinguishable.

SO agreed on all of that. 

I really like those shoes, https://www.daz3d.com/high-ankle-sneakers-for-genesis-9-8-and-81. But there are no promos that show how they look when bending. Is anyone getting them anyway and willing to post a pic? That'd be great. They LOOK really nicely bendable ...

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,458

Petipet said:

Write Idea said:

Hi.
    Genesis 9 poses have also been made for this room and props, they will also be available in the shop over time a little later.
    Thanks.

Please tell me that none of this apartment's related items will have an editorial license. 

• MaARiTtiMaARiTti Posts: 45
    edited June 19

xyer0 said:

ArtAngel said:

Repping for the beast! Throw up them sixes, people!

还记得任达华女儿任晴佳吗?被赞最美星二代? -6parknews.com

You are so right!

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,593

murgatroyd314 said:

Petipet said:

Write Idea said:

Hi.
    Thanks.

Please tell me that none of this apartment's related items will have an editorial license. 

Where's the toilet/bathroom? The sink?
    edited June 19

ArtAngel said:

murgatroyd314 said:

Petipet said:

Write Idea said:

Hi.
    Thanks.

Where's the toilet/bathroom? The sink?

Oh, if there is such a request, I will definitely continue this series and I will create for these apartments, a bedroom, a bathroom.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

murgatroyd314 said:

Petipet said:

Write Idea said:

Hi.
    Thanks.

I can't tell you this, since I am not the one who makes the decisions in the Platinum Club.

• winmathwinmath Posts: 133

PerttiA said:

Gordig said:

Do today's SUVs have any rigging beyond apparently being able to rotate the front wheels? None of the promos for the one that I checked showed the doors open or anything like that.

One can only rotate the wheels and turn the front wheels, no opening doors, rigging or any morphs. 

They also don't have back doors.

• Digital DeliriumDigital Delirium Posts: 60
    edited June 20

joanna said:

ArtAngel said:

I'm glad you like the shaders. Thank you very much for your kind words... and for pointing out the SKU which I had not noticed. If it was intentional, cool. If it wasn't... then freaky cool! 

Post edited by Digital Delirium on
  • caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,378

Petipet's interior and Digital Delirium's shaders have also been the highlights of the week for me so far. Thanks to both artists!

There's a prop set already for Petipet's apartment, looking really really nice: https://www.daz3d.com/pt-modern-apartment-props

• ElorElor Posts: 838

@Petipet also said a Genesi 9 poses pack was in the pipeline.

Oh dear. The Petipet 'modern appartment props' set makes me feel old in so many ways. There is almost nothing in my house as 'modern' looking as any of that. With the exception of the radio, which is not new enough to look '1950's/60's retro', which makes it look less modern than the retro radio (if that makes any sense at all).

Regards,

Richard

• SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 395

I am loving that the blue skin texture for today's flagship character came as a separate option. I needed that exactly for one of my characters, and it was lovely to not have to buy an entire character morph I have no need for *just* to get the skin. Thank you to whomever made the call to split it out!

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,115

The Modern Apartment Props are my favorite of today's offerings.

• PixelSploitingPixelSploiting Posts: 884
    edited June 20

https://www.daz3d.com/firearms24

This is probably the ugliest AK-style carbine ever modeled. It's like someone abused AK with an AR shaped tool, then mutilated the remains.

All those sights on the gun obstruct each other AND you could not mount anything on an AK upper receiver in this fashion because on Kalashnikovs the upper is only a dust cover that literally rattles in place. Your large optic sight will keep no zero if placed there.

Please, dear PAs... Don't do things like this. Google exists. Do research sometimes.

Post edited by PixelSploiting on