dForce Fail

Trying to use dForce hair with a timeline https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-hair-elyssa-ponytail-for-genesis-8-female-s

It doesn't explode, b ut it gets all stretched out. A neat effect, but not what I need.

Skate park 0.jpg
605 x 494 - 51K
Skate park 5.jpg
605 x 494 - 25K
Skate park 10.jpg
605 x 494 - 62K
Skate park 15.jpg
605 x 494 - 76K
Skate park 20.jpg
605 x 494 - 68K
Skate park 28 2.jpg
605 x 494 - 77K

Comments

• Is it an animation?

• Which version of Daz Studio, and which nVidia driver (assuming you are using an nVidia GPU for simulation)?

• Richard Haseltine said:

Which version of Daz Studio, and which nVidia driver (assuming you are using an nVidia GPU for simulation)?

It looks like hair caught on to something in the simulation. 

• AgitatedRiot said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Which version of Daz Studio, and which nVidia driver (assuming you are using an nVidia GPU for simulation)?

It looks like hair caught on to something in the simulation. 

Yes, or as if the tips somehow became zero weighted.

• Richard Haseltine said:

Daz Studio 4.1

Cuda Geoforce MX150

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

So far that's been my experience with dForce hair when doing any kind of large motion. It doesn't seem to hold up much beyond simple draping.

• You sure it's not 4.10.xxx? I didn't think dForce came out earlier than version 4.10. I know it was talked about as a future enhancement while I was playing with version 1.2 many, many years ago (2006 or around then), but I gave up on DS due to having inadequate hardware shortly after that.

I do have a question. Is the hair disappearing off in the +X direction? If so, you're lucky the hair didn't explode. If it is the case that it's shooting off in the +X direction, and the hair has been dForced by you (as opposed to being sold as dForce hair) I think the hair isn't suitable for dForce. I tried to dForce some Victoria 3 hair myself, and, due to the way it seemed to be  blown in the +X direction I had to make the image below instead of the one I wanted, where there was apparently a fairly strong wind from the character's right:

If it isn't going in the +X direction, I have no idea, sorry.

Regards,

Richard

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,404
    edited November 2022

Substantial motion in my image, but it does not have long hair. All I see wrong is a few hairs sticking up. With the movement, I suspect the hair had a few strands following the rest while she was moving around.

Varsity Dance Team.jpg
    2300 x 1769 - 2M
    Post edited by AgitatedRiot on
  • dennisgray41 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Daz Studio 4.1

4.1 would be a beta, long pre-dForce. Help_About Daz Studio will give the number, which is not a decimal but four integers separated by full stops.

Cuda Geoforce MX150

yes, but which driver? Right-click the desktop>nVidia Control Panel and it is in the coloured box, just above the GPU name.

• richardandtracy said:

You sure it's not 4.10.xxx? I didn't think dForce came out earlier than version 4.10. I know it was talked about as a future enhancement while I was playing with version 1.2 many, many years ago (2006 or around then), but I gave up on DS due to having inadequate hardware shortly after that.

I do have a question. Is the hair disappearing off in the +X direction? If so, you're lucky the hair didn't explode. If it is the case that it's shooting off in the +X direction, and the hair has been dForced by you (as opposed to being sold as dForce hair) I think the hair isn't suitable for dForce. I tried to dForce some Victoria 3 hair myself, and, due to the way it seemed to be  blown in the +X direction I had to make the image below instead of the one I wanted, where there was apparently a fairly strong wind from the character's right:

If it isn't going in the +X direction, I have no idea, sorry.

Regards,

Richar

4.21 sorry. typo