Many problems after upgrade Win10

For many reasons I finally upgraded my Win7 to Win10

Now having all kinds of problems with DS.  But have had it on another Win10 machine without these problems.

First I did an inplace upgrade and DS 4.15 was installed and ran except the option to merge into scenese was absent.I clould load a scene fine but the option to merge any characters into said scene did not exist. I could double click and DS would delete the scene then load the charactor.

I then upgraded to the latest DS version and that solved the merge issue but then had an issue restoring some plugins to function.

My other PC Win10 DS 1.5 works fine so I just went to my archives for that version install file and copied to the current PC

I uninstalled and cleared out old directories including AppData and registry and did a clean DS install v 4.15

After installing that I was at first working okay with an already saves scene with multiple charactors but when I created a new scene the same problem appears. I can load a scene but cannot merge any charactors into that scene.

DS on this pc is basically useless if I cannot build any scenes.

Any clue why in the later Win10 install there are so many problems with DS?

Comments

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,404
    edited November 2022

You said you upgraded to windows 10. Do you mean an actual upgrade, from 7 to 10, with all your programs installed? Or did you do a Fresh install? Sometimes an upgrade from 7 to Windows 10  can cause problems. All kinds of issues. I also never like the Oldwinows Folder on my drive.

Post edited by AgitatedRiot on
  • Sounds as if you may have wiped or corrupted your database, which by default lives in the AppData folder (%appdata%/daz 3d/cms/ - the actual database is in the ContentCluster folder).