Installing on MacBook

I just bought a Macbook Air and I downloaded the "Carrara_8.5.1.19_Mac64.app" to install.

When I double click it, I just get an error that says "The application Carrara_8.5.1.19_Mac64.app cannot be opened"

Im pretty new to the Mac so I'm a little lost. Can anyone please help?

I also downloaded and installed the Install Manager and that installs Carrara but it doesnt install it in the Admin folder so I keep getting asked to run it as admin and it continually keeps asking for the password. For some reason, even after I give it the password, it wont open any of my Carrara documents.

I'm running Ventura on a M1 Macbook..

Can anyone please help? 

Comments

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,497

Hi,

Carrara will not work on an M1 MacBook Air as it usesOpenGL (which has been depracated) and has not been updated to work on neither the M1, nor macOS > 10.

• lakeivanlakeivan Posts: 9

Just contributing today's weird experience: I had been resigned for a long time to the fact that I can no longer use Carrara, because it wouldn't work in Monterey on my M1 Mac Studio. I since upgraded my OS to Ventura 13.1, and (actually by mistake) opened Carrara, and it now works! A couple of things I tried are a little bit wonky, but if I just re-size the window slightly, for some reason this fixes whatever small problem I was having.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

Good news!

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,497

I guess Apple put something back then.