ISO video maker for tutorials (free or opensource and free)

I am looking for a free video maker software.  I will be using it on Windows 11.  I also want to create tutorials with it.

Comments

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited November 2022

OBS is without a doubt the best screen recording and broadcasting application available, by far. Coupled with Advanced Scene Switcher it's just amazingly powerful.

I would recommend using Blender as your video editor. This application is amazing and if you have never used it before, then go for it! Video compositing is as good a reason as any to start getting used to Blender's excellent user interface and remarkable versatility.

Davinci Resolve's interface is a bunch of nonsense for whoever used Avid or Adobe apps. Sure it does the job and there's a free version. But what a loss of time with the dumb design of many of their tools !

I'd eventually advise Avid tools. They have one for free : Media Composer | First. Never tried this free version. But Avid has been the Rolls Royce in Pro Studio for years, so it's probably very good.

In a nutshell :

1/ OBS to record. This is the must.

2/ then pick yourself a Post Production Tool. Keep in mind that a great open source video compositing tool... just doesn't exist. It all depends on your needs and what you'll do with it. You can be happy with Avidemux. And super frustrated with Davinci. Just one solution : pick something and see where it takes you. After a day or two you'll know if you wanna stick with your choice or jump on another horse.

People's advice is often not really helpful. What is important is practice. And your own personal opinion born of experience.

From my own experience I'd say :

OBS + After Effects. But that's just an opinion. And AE being paid app, I'd say for you OBS + Blender. Great Combo.

Post edited by hansolocambo on