Essential Makeup for Genesis 8 Female (by Neikdian)

mlominymlominy Posts: 218

By applying the Eyeshadow to a "native" G8 character, here's the result. I was expecting the makeup to fade and blend with the skin, without an abrupt demarcation as visible in the promo image.

What am I  doing wrong?

Essential Makeup Capture.JPG
1013 x 881 - 83K
Essential Makeup Capture 2.JPG
1655 x 891 - 131K
Essential Makeup Capture 3.JPG
609 x 401 - 43K
Post edited by mlominy on

Comments

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited November 2022

I couldn't get better results than yours. Don't know how Neikdian organized his textures in the shader. But his stuff, except eyeliners, doesn't work out of the box. You could create a Geoshell. Make all surfaces but the face : invisible (Cutout Opacity to 0%). Then load in the face shader one of the provided textures in the Cutout Opacity (Runtime\Textures\Neikdian\Essential Makeup) then choose a Base color. That's basically the result you'd get if everything was working with 1 click on the thumbnail I guess.

A similar (no L.I.E, no Geoshell) make-up system, that works really well : Fabiana INSTAGLAM'R IRAY Magic MakeUp. It does the same, applying overlays on the shader itself, while preserving underlaying skin settings and details.

Post edited by hansolocambo on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,721

Strange that you two didn't get it to work. I asked a friend about it and he tried it and it worked as advertised. He said try using the surface selection tool and selecting the face before applying

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited November 2022

He said try using the surface selection tool and selecting the face before applying

Doesn't change anything. This bundle is not applying a specific shader so there's no reason to do that. It's only adding textures to the existing Genesis Shader. Weird that he could make it work. As on my side it doesn't 【・_・?】There are of course way around using the provided masks.

Post edited by hansolocambo on
  • Hi all, I saw this thread and found the messages bizarre. The set is achieving promised things... 

I didn't get any feedback that the set doesn't work until now.

If you are pleased with promo images you can take the same results, there is no scam or anything else.

This method works well for anyone who wants different colors of casual make-up.

Already this set never promised a specific shader besides adding textures to the existing Genesis shader is a good way to do make-up for any character. It's not a low technique, it's handy and it provides a wider range of usage to users.

Of course, you don't have to like this set, you also can promote any other products if you want. But I have to say that criticism is not real.

• mlominymlominy Posts: 218
    edited November 2022

Hi Folks! Good news. By fiddling a little and some trial and error, I was finally able to make the product work as intended. The attached images show the step by step procedure.

The key here is to change the Blend Mode in the Layered Image Editor.

Note that when I first begun to use this product, all that gymnastic was not necessary. So, something has changed, maybe the result of DAZ evolution...

Even if I recognize that the product works as advertized, I remain convinced that the right attitude for Neikdian would have been to try to better understand the origin of the problem and not ignore it or to better document a user procedure.

Step 1.jpg
    1920 x 1042 - 217K
    Step 2.jpg
    1920 x 1042 - 209K
    Step 3.jpg
    1920 x 1042 - 152K
    Step 4.jpg
    1920 x 1042 - 79K
    Step 5.jpg
    1920 x 1042 - 201K
    Post edited by mlominy on