Daz asking to reinstall content already installed

When I booted up Daz yesterday, when loading a scene I had made the day before, I got a notification which said that there were files missing and I had to reinstall them otherwise some things might look different. When I install them through the prompt, they get put into a Daz connect folder.

It was the genesis 8 starter essentials, which are definitely installed. Today I wanted to load a different scene and I got the same notification for the same files, but the installing only took a split second. What can I do? Can I just remove the daz connect folder and reinstall the starter essentials through DIM again? Or might there be a bug in Daz or something?

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,771

If you use DIM then you should be working offline in Daz Studio itself else Connect will try to take over your installations and often makes a mess of things.  I would recommend specifically uninstalling everything that Daz Connect has messed with (not just remove the connect folders) and then fire up DIM to reinstall those products.

• vaaernvaaern Posts: 74

SofaCitizen said:

If you use DIM then you should be working offline in Daz Studio itself else Connect will try to take over your installations and often makes a mess of things.  I would recommend specifically uninstalling everything that Daz Connect has messed with (not just remove the connect folders) and then fire up DIM to reinstall those products.

Well I've not had this happen a lot before, I'll try running Daz offline and fixing the folders.