RTX 3080 settings

I'm curious what you guys are using on your 3080's for faster subject renders? How about sharing some screenshots so I can copy? Thanks!

Comments

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited November 2022

Pre-calculated 3d and the adjective "fast" should not be in the same sentence. No matter what the rig is and how much Nvidia revolutionnized the business with CUDA and RTX.

Aim is usually not to reach the fastest renderings, but the best quality renderings.

Asking such a question... what are you waiting for ?

Render Settings > Max Time (secs) : 5.

Render Settings > Max Samples : 2

Rendering Quality : 0

Rendering Converged Ratio : 2%

There you go ! Fastest render... but what's the point ?

Raise any of those values and your render will be less "fast" and thus all the more accurate.

In my opinion, you should instead think "quality", build your poses, your scene, etc. with care. Then, ultimate final step : render. And while your PC's doing that ? Have a coffee, read a book, run a few miles ;) You don't wanna waste hours of work with a "fast" rendered image spoiling all the hard work you put into making it.

Avatar took on average 1,200 to 2,400 hours to calculate... 1 image. This means around 50,000 hours non stop on powerful CPU render farms, for only 1 second of movie.

Rendering time, in pre-calculated 3D, is something that has to be thought ahead, by optimizing everything as best as can be, with LODs, optimized textures, instances, etc. But when your scene is ready and it's time to render : let it run for as much as it's needed to get a good render.

Keep the "fast" ones for tests of lighting and so on.

Post edited by hansolocambo on