can Lightwave 3D use Nvidia CUDA cores?

starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670

Just wondering if the render engine [in Lightwave 3D] can take advantage of cuda cores.  I couldn't find the answer.  I tried to search for the answer online but I couldn't find any answsers.  I did discover that Poser 11 and above can.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

Apparently the Newtek forums are full of people asking why there isn't a GPU rendering option, and also speculation on whether Lightwave is even still being developed, so the evidence suggests to me that Lightwave doesn't currently and may never offer GPU acceleration. A simpler indication is that they don't advertise GPU integration anywhere that I could see. 

Also, unrelated, while Googling this question, Google offered a drop-down labeled "free alternatives", which included Maya, C4D and a number of other very not-free alternatives. 

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited November 2022

As far as I know it's Otoy Octane or CPU only. Even Chaos does not develop for Lightwave.

https://forums.newtek.com/#lightwave-3d-user-community.167

Sounds like a much better place to ask questions about Lightwave.

Post edited by hansolocambo on
  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670

thanks for the information.  I was just curious.  I'm going to continue using Iray in Daz Studio.  Maybe I'll go read about with Blender Cycles if I have time.