Mysterious blind mask - not loading materials

HeraHera Posts: 1,955

I'm trying to use this product Mysterieux Blind Masque Kit For Genesis 8 and Genesis 8.1 | Daz 3D

It loads the prop all right, but then it cannot load the materials. And the log file says this: "

2022-11-11 09:36:18.210 [WARNING] :: Invalid hierarchy for selected node(s) and "preset_hierarchical_material" type; no root(s) found.

2022-11-11 09:36:18.210 [INFO] :: Error loading asset: H:/LINDA/DAZ other/PEOPLE/Genesis 8 Female/Accessories/The Row House/Mysterieux Blind Masque/Mysterieux STYLES/Mysterieux Blackened Brass.duf"

What does it mean? 

EDIT: I re-downloaded the product and installed it again, but it does not help. 

Post edited by Hera on

Comments

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited November 2022

Instead of selecting the Mask, try applying materials selecting the root to which it's parented to : the Genesis itself. See if that works ?

More info on the subject : Control Hierarchical Material Presets

To apply the surface property information contained in a Hierarchical Material :

1/ Load Genesis

2/ load wearable(s)

3/ select the Genesis figure (or the root of any other hierarchy) and load the Hierarchical Material preset.

Depending on how it's been saved, it should apply all materials to one or multiple objects in 1 click.

P.S : if you prefer Material(s) Preset to Hierarchical Material(s) Preset, you could load the wearables and their materials as described above. Then select an item and File > Save As > Material(s) Preset. This way, you create another file .duf and its thumbnail, which will enable you to load materials by selecting and asset rather than the root object it is parented to.

Post edited by hansolocambo on
  • Which figure was the maska pplied to? And was the mask parented (if it's a fitted item)?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited January 2023

yeah same issue

bloody hierarchical materials 

I wanted to use it on Genesis 3

had to load 8 and save

oh the female one hierarchical mats only do the mask not the rest if you don't have eyelashes which is ridiculous as it doesn't need them

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on