How to cut textures from one model and add them to another?

bennyboy3014bennyboy3014 Posts: 0

Hi everyone, im still reletiviely new to daz so i feel i may be out of my depth with this so i wanted to get some advice from more experienced members of the community.

I am currently trying to build a Togruta (an Alien Character) and i have found two models that i would like to base my character on these being,

Togruta for genesis 8.1 by Monika - [Link removed]

and

Ahsoka for genesis 8 by LZY - [Link removed]

Essentially the model created by LZY is of much higher quality and looks better in my opinion, however I really like the body markings used by the model made my Monika and would therefore like to put them on the model created by LZY. After asking somone about this they told me that it was possible to cut parts of textures from one model is paste them onto another, however i have no idea how to do it and how easy / complicated it is to do. Do i need to dowload a seperate program to this that? I essentially have no clue. 

If anyone has any ideas or knows what to do i would greatly appriciate it, 

Thanks so much. 

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• If both use the Gensis 8 UVs then it may be possible. If the markings are optional overlays you should be able to apply them directly to the other character; if they are painted on to the skin then you would need to make a mask to hide the skin leaving only the markings - if theer is a reasonable degree of contrast you might be able to do that by working on oen of the colour channels, or the overall luminance, in an image editor to make the marking white and the skin black (or vice versa, then invert it) and use that to isolate the markings, as a control for Diffuse Overalay in the Surfaces pane in daz Studio (and the other skin as the Diffuse Overlay colour) or in layered Image Editor with the skin as the base layer, the markings as an overlay,a nd the mask as a mask. You might also aply the skin with the marking to a Geoemtry Shell and use the mask in Cutout Opacity (and that would be an option even if the UVs didn't match).

• Hey Richard, thanks for replying, one of the models uses Genesis 8 while the other uses Genesis 8.1 im assuming that this mean that the UV's would incompatable? While what you have said makes sense, i am still quite new to Daz3d and am unsure how to do some of the things you have described. I know its a long shot but do you know of any videos that explain this step by step, after searching online i am yet to find any. Thanks. 

• Genesis 8.1 has both its own unique UV set and the base Genssi 8 UV set. Not every "8.1" character uses the 8.1 UV set, so you would need to check in the Surfaces pane's Editor tab to see which was used.