Animating not possible on DS 4.20/Mac?

Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Using DS 4.20 on Mac/Monterey (IntelXeon)

I have two major problems:

1) If I render to movie I get an error...unable to save animation, would you like to try again or use a different name. 

2) If I render to image files, all RiCurves remain static, ie all brows and bodyhair I make with GB Express or using "create SBH" refuse to conform to anything else but the pose where the timeline pointer is, before I hit render. However, rendering any frame as a still works perfectly fine.

This leaves me with the option of rendering x number of stills and importing them to my video editor...

Is the RiCurves problem documented somewhere? Do they work under Windows? 

Help!

ETA: adding testrenders with SBH; frame 0 and 30, to clarify what happens.

sbhanitest00.png
1280 x 720 - 140K
sbhanitest30.png
1280 x 720 - 150K
Post edited by Sven Dullah on

Comments

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,340
    edited November 2022

Sven Dullah said:

Using DS 4.20 on Mac/Monterey (IntelXeon)

I have two major problems:

1) If I render to movie I get an error...unable to save animation, would you like to try again or use a different name. 

2) If I render to image files, all RiCurves remain static, ie all brows and bodyhair I make with GB Express or using "create SBH" refuse to conform to anything else but the pose where the timeline pointer is, before I hit render. However, rendering any frame as a still works perfectly fine.

This leaves me with the option of rendering x number of stills and importing them to my video editor...

Is the RiCurves problem documented somewhere? Do they work under Windows? 

Help!

ETA: adding testrenders with SBH; frame 0 and 30, to clarify what happens.

Rendering to a .mov file is definately broken, and has been for a while.

I can't help with the RiCurves, but if you're rendering a set of images you might try using Quicktime Player to "Open Image Sequence"; it's a little faster and more lightweight than most movie editing software, allows you to choose the framerate when you import (every now and then I accidently render in the wrong frame rate, this fixes it on import and the audio lip syncs perfectly in the movie editing software) and you can then save the file and import it as a tidy, single file into your editing software.

Post edited by wsterdan on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited November 2022

strandbased hair does weird unpredictable things in rendered animation  on Windows too

mostly disappearing along the timeline 

a single rerender of the frames it's fine so it seems it lags behind, this would also explain your issue

LAMH has always done it in 3Delight so I am frankly not surprised strandbased does it in iray and Filament 

especially if simulated

I think it's an issue with the hair itself not the OS

I mentioned it a few times in the past, nobody else ever seems to have an issue, most don't render animation anyway 

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/551416/vanishing-strandbased-hair-in-animation#latest

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited November 2022

OK guys, that's really depressing. I curse the day I had to upgrade from 4.9. Off to file another worthless bug reportangry

@wsterdan

Tks for the tip, didn't know quicktime could do that:)

@WendyLuvsCatz

Rendering Curves worked perfectly in 4.9 so I doubt it's "the hair"indecision. And I know it will not be fixed. DAZ bought GB Express, "improved" it and broke it. I'm truly amazed...

Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

wsterdan said:

and you can then save the file and import it as a tidy, single file into your editing software.

Atleast this works like a charm, thanks again!