Duplicate Formulas Found

I receive the "Duplicate Formulas Found" message when I try to load a Genesis 8 Female figure. I reveive the message with every female genesis 8 charcter, including the base version.

I tried to check the log but it is a total mystery to me, since there are warnings about items I have uninstalled via DIM, and/or manualy deleted. The DIM can't detect them either. (Example is the Matari3D "Beth Body")

I attach an image of the error message, and the log file.

Any ideas what to do?

Duplicate formulas found - 20221108.jpg
525 x 435 - 153K
txt
txt
log Duplicate - 20221108.txt

Comments

• Search the log for dupliate, ignoring the emssages relating to product IDs

2022-11-08 20:37:23.661 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(7158): Duplicate formula found linking yOrigin & Beth Body in /data/Daz 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/Matari3D/Beth/Beth Body.dsf.

and then a whole bunch of others for Beth Body and joint settings. Most likely you have https://www.daz3d.com/beth-for-genesis-8-female and another Beth character with the body morph named Beth Body, both adjusting rigging to shape. Try to figure out which the other one is, then report the name clash to Daz and whoever is responsible for the other (Daz if it's in the store here, the creator if it's another store or freebie) assuming it isn't from a previous generation Beth that you converted yourself.

In the emantime, unless you can live with the warnings and slower loading, figure out which of the two beths you can most easily live without and uninstall it (you could edit one or both files to remove the dupliation of names too, but that is potetially error prone and might clash with any official fix).

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886

Normally I would agree with you Richard on the two products using the same asset ID, that was until I seen the asset ID DS is throwing the DF over.

"BETH BODY 071119 2" <<<<< that's a bit too complex an ID for the usual two products using the same asset ID issue.

None of my friends have this product so I can't get access to the files to check, but I'm wondering if the fact this product appears to have more than one body shape, if the vendor got a little too clever for thier own good and made a mess of it.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,316
    edited November 2022

I have the character isntalled and didn't get a Duplicate Formula when loading Genesis 8 Female. Just trying Genesis 8.1 Female. Edit, which loaded without errors - so it isn't the product alone.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • nabob21nabob21 Posts: 954

Richard,

Is there any instruction or tutorial as to how one would edit the file to fix the duplicate issue? I have some characters that produce the error and it is unlikely that they will be fixed as some are a bit older. If someone could tell me what I have to do to make the edits, I would be willing to give it a try since it seems that I have nothing to lose.

• I had duplicagte issues with that M3D Beth character, put in a ticket and support recomendation was uninstall the product until it is updated.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Bejaymac said:

Normally I would agree with you Richard on the two products using the same asset ID, that was until I seen the asset ID DS is throwing the DF over.

"BETH BODY 071119 2" <<<<< that's a bit too complex an ID for the usual two products using the same asset ID issue.

I think one possible way to create a conflict with even such a unique id, would be saving ones character as an asset.

• reserv888reserv888 Posts: 1,140
    edited November 2022

Thanks Richard, Bejaymac, Umi no Senshi no Isho, and PerttiA, for your replies.

I do believe the duplicate issue was with the Beth character itself. I have moved content between discs and somewhere I got a duplicate along the way.

I have tried to remove everything, everywhere of the Beth charcter, which was a bit tricky since it is called "Beth", "M3DBeth", and "M3D Beth". 

Anyway, after all was deleted/uninstalled, there still were sliders for the various Beths under the SHAPING tab for some reason. The uninstall fixed the duplicate issue, but now some of my characters upon loading, looks for and can not find the Beth morphs, thus preventing the character from loading until I click OK.

I then tried to reinstall the Beth character so see if that would fix the "morph-search" issue. It didn't, but I didn't get the duplicate issue back either.

So all in all. Some of the problems are solved, but the solutions created a few new ones.

Post edited by reserv888 on